Flexjet CL604 QOL questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dooker

I interviewed at Flexjet today and was offered the CL604. I start training May 31st, and I'm pretty excited about the opportunity.

I've never been on equipment that could fly to Europe without breathing hard, so this will be a big lifestyle adjustment, for both me and the 'fam.

I was wondering if any of you guys (or gals) on the '604 right now could clue me in as to what I'm in for, i.e., number of international trips you fly versus domestic, what it's like on the body clock, etc.

Thanks!

I emailed my resume and cover to the Bombardier web site in mid-May. After that, I think it took about two weeks before I got the call from Karen.

I didn't know a soul on the inside there. I'm still kind of blown away at how painless the whole process was.

Disregard. I meant to say I emailed my stuff to Flexjet in mid-April.

Been a long day.

Congrats brother! Atleast you'll be working some place nice. CL 604! that's nice brother! How technical was the interview?

Hey, bro! What's up? I was gonna PM you to let you know I hadn't dropped off the face of the earth, but you beat me to it.

Overall, the whole interview was extremely laid-back and non-confrontational. I think they were looking for people skills as much as flying skills. Makes sense.

First thing was the sim eval. It was in a Level D LR 31, all raw data. ILS 13L DAL, land, then a V1 cut. Not even a hold. I thought I flew like a guy who hadn't flown in two months (which I haven't), but I must have convinced them I was trainable.

Then I met with CP Rick and Karen from HR. They just wanted to know why I wanted to fly for Flex (actually, Karen did most of that over the phone the week before ... so the face-to-face HR was almost a non-event). Then Rick gave me the skinny on the company and asked me a few questions about my background. Then I took the 30-question ATP written and Karen made the offer. I was kind of blown away, especially when I found out it was for the 604.

Over and done with by 10:30. My kind of day. I start training May 31st.

Yeeeeoooowwwww!!!

Hey, bro! What's up? I was gonna PM you to let you know I hadn't dropped off the face of the earth, but you beat me to it.

Overall, the whole interview was extremely laid-back and non-confrontational. I think they were looking for people skills as much as flying skills. Makes sense.

First thing was the sim eval. It was in a Level D LR 31, all raw data. ILS 13L DAL, land, then a V1 cut. Not even a hold. I thought I flew like a guy who hadn't flown in two months (which I haven't), but I must have convinced them I was trainable.

Then I met with CP Rick and Karen from HR. They just wanted to know why I wanted to fly for Flex (actually, Karen did most of that over the phone the week before ... so the face-to-face HR was almost a non-event). Then Rick gave me the skinny on the company and asked me a few questions about my background. Then I took the 30-question ATP written and Karen made the offer. I was kind of blown away, especially when I found out it was for the 604.

Yeeeeoooowwwww!!!

Awesome man! Look at it this way, yeah you might be gone for a few days, but you'll make good MULA, you're gonna get typed in the 604 (that has to be good), Flex is a pretty good company and above all you'll be able to provide for your family (that's what it's all about). Enjoy it man, rack up the airline points and hotel points. You'll hit Diamond level at hiltons within 6 months, then you can take some time off and take the family somewhere for basically free. Enjoy! Living the dream :beer:

Yeeeeoooowwwww!!!

First, congrats on your new job. I have heard only good things about the 604 and that is a good type to have... Nice and comfy up front too with an FA to keep you well fed and watered. Enjoy the FA while you can - at least before you move to the L40/45.

One slightly off topic question for you: did Flex mention the 605 and whether you would be typed in that aircraft as well or whether you would migrate to or stay in the 604? I know the 605 will have the ProLine 21 cockpit which you have experience in with the CJ3. Do you know how many and when Flex will start getting the 605 (maybe to ultimately replace the 604 down the road)?

Again, great job with the 604 slot at Flexjet!

Rick and Karen mentioned they'd be taking deliveries of the 605 really soon, but I can't recall the specific numbers. I believe the plan is to phase out all 604's, eventually, since Flex only keeps planes 3-5 years.

I read on another thread that the 605 will be the same type rating, with two days of differences training. From what I've picked up, the performance isn't significantly different from the 604's. I guess the Pro Line is probably the biggest difference.

Latest resources

Back