Flexjet Challenger 605s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

So, how many Challenger 605s has Flexjet ordered (firm and options)? Are there any currently on the line? How many are expected through 2008? Will 605 crews be separate from 604 crews or cross-qualified?

And, lastly, are newhires ever hired into the right seat of the 605?

i have no idea about the numbers, but i know there are here and flying. the 604 and 605 is the same type, so crews fly both. you could be in a 604 one week and a 605 the next. 604/605 FOs are all new hires, so yes you could easily get hired into that seat.

I guess once Flexjet has the Lear 60XRs, the growing fleet of CL300s and the 605s all on line together, training will be a lot easier with the common Pro Line 21. Too bad they haven't put that in the Lear 40/45s yet.

Anyone know how many 605s are expected total?

The 605 fleet is growing very slowly - there are 2 on line now, not sure how many are planned.

Know that hiring for the 605 fleet is so slow you would be on the bottom of the seniority list for a long time.

well, hiring in all fleets is slow. There are few captain upgrades these days so nobody is moving up fast. so no matter where you go, you'll be at the bottom for while. The 300 fleet is growing at least so that will help.

and yeah, hiring again this fall

yeah 60 crews are trained in both, you might be in a regular 60 one week and an XR the next. But the old 60s are being retired as we get the XRs, so soon there will be more XRs than regular 60s. Not sure about the final number on order, I think the fleet is staying at 15 total for the year.

yeah 60 crews are trained in both, you might be in a regular 60 one week and an XR the next. But the old 60s are being retired as we get the XRs, so soon there will be more XRs than regular 60s. Not sure about the final number on order, I think the fleet is staying at 15 total for the year.

Just curious and a little off topic. How does the Lear 60XR compare to other similar offerings from the other fracs (I guess the XLS) in terms of performance and comfort, etc.? What are the major selling points of the Lear 60XR for Flex?

I hear that Pro Line 21 is an awesome system too.

Latest resources

Back