• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is, they do not care. You should not have to drive to any of the airports that are not listed in the FOM. If they can't get the aircraft to your base, why is it my problem now. The pilots at Flex need to just say no. After 4 or 5 days on the road why would I want to drive from apf to fll to get back to my car..

The problem is, they do not care. You should not have to drive to any of the airports that are not listed in the FOM. If they can't get the aircraft to your base, why is it my problem now. The pilots at Flex need to just say no. After 4 or 5 days on the road why would I want to drive from apf to fll to get back to my car..

It is your choice to drive or not but if you are not leaving out of FLL, MIA, BCT or MIA you are provided transportation and when you return you will be flown back into FLL. So if you rent a car to drive to Naples then your car will be in FLL so when you finish you are flown back to FLL where your car is. Now if you do not want to drive they are more then willing to let you take a cab or a sedan to Naples or some of the other airports in south and southwest Florida so you do have a choice.

Bailey

So instead of driving you get a cab or sedan. Once again, they'll get you to where you need to be, on their dime, within your duty limitations. What does it matter? A little maturity folks....

Mr Beech,

So what you are saying is that you would be perfectly fine with driving a rent car from dallas to houston every single week as long as they paid for it? How about Dallas to Corpus every week? And no, thats not stretching it because you say you're mature enough to get by all that. Forget maturity, lets be smart here; it's not smart for the company to waste 6 hours of duty time on me driving. Like someone else said, if its not within 30 minutes of my gateway, I shouldn't have to make the drive. If they want me to sit in a sedan from Dallas to Houston and waste $600 to get to work then that's just plain ignorant.

Last edited:
First of all, it doesn't happen every single week, so let's be just a little objective. And yes a drive to CRP is stretching it as that's a 7-8 hour drive. How many of our CA of FL are being asked to do that? I know hyperbole serves your purpose doyle, but get a grip. Even a 5 hour drive would leave you 9 hours of duty or 11 if it's your last day, so the argument of $600 to get you to work is quite ignorant as there's ample time left to fly you.

And I ask you, since you've determined that it's not smart for the company to waste 6 hours of your duty time, what is cheaper? You renting a car and "wasting" 6 hours of your duty time, or repositioning a business jet for an hour's flight? It's not all about you.

Choice between 2-3 legs on day one, or driving till I run out of duty time, i'll take the latter. Just chill out and take your time and make a day out of it.

Does Flex have limitations on how far or how long a crewmember can be required to drive a rental car in one day?

Exactly, life's too freaking short.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back