Flex Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

initialcfi

Is Flex just hiring for the DFW area base? A friend of mine just applied, and they responded back by saying that he met the requirements for a first officer position in the DFW area. I told him to call HR or just go if he's called for the interview, and find out if he could bid for another base if he was selected for employment. Also, how does it work for commuters who drive to thier base? I live about two and a half hours from one, so would I have to get a hotel that's within 1 and a half hours distance by midnight of my show time? Thanks.

Is Flex just hiring for the DFW area base? A friend of mine just applied, and they responded back by saying that he met the requirements for a first officer position in the DFW area. I told him to call HR or just go if he's called for the interview, and find out if he could bid for another base if he was selected for employment. Also, how does it work for commuters who drive to thier base? I live about two and a half hours from one, so would I have to get a hotel that's within 1 and a half hours distance by midnight of my show time? Thanks.

Unless it has changed, right now they are hiring for all gateways. And your assumption is correct on your second question.

Another question or two:

I live in Miami, where would I report? PBI, FLL, MIA??

I seem to meet the requirements other than a type in their product, and have kept up the online app. for years, but no call. Should I just fax a resume to KP directly?

Thanks

Hung

A fax to KP would yield the quickest response, yes. As far as which airport you are responsible for reporting to on Day 1.... the answer is open as to whereever the plane you are assigned to is, then that's where you will go. If you were assigned to an aircraft out of base, then airlining out of FLL is the norm, unless MIA has a cheaper fare, then you could request it.

Most of our bases have airlines who have bases there so you can find a crashpad fairly easy.

Bailey

Another question or two:

I live in Miami, where would I report? PBI, FLL, MIA??

I seem to meet the requirements other than a type in their product, and have kept up the online app. for years, but no call. Should I just fax a resume to KP directly?

Thanks

Hung

98% of my trips start in FLL or PBI every now and then I am sent to MIA, BCT or OPA to pick up planes.

Bailey

I am EWR based and the majority of my trips start in TEB. Up here we don't airline that much to start a trip. Of my last 6 trips (can't remember farther back than that and to lazy to look it up) I started in TEB and ended with an airline to EWR. Every once in a while they have me start out in HPN and I have only started in LGA once, and that was to pick up an aircraft. We get an extra hour call out if we have to go anywhere besides EWR, so living north doesn't help you much. But then again it too expensive to live up here thats why I am going to DFW

I feel sorry for the guys that are FLL based. They are asked to drive all over the dang state for duty practically. I hear they asked someone to drive to Naples on their first day one time, that's not right.

Doyle, how does that work? I understand that PBI is the "official" domicile, so if the pickup point changes constantly, how do recover your car? Do they rent you one? Do you just automaticly go to your domicile every time?
That would be a bit silly, not mention tiring, to drive from Miami to PBI, only to be told to rent a car and drive to Opa Locka to meet the plane!
I can understand that crewing needs may change, but driving my own car all over the state just seems wasteful.

Hung

Latest resources

Back