Flex furloughs again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait, I thought that's what you're doing on FI?:laugh:

Look to the "leaders" past track record to know your future. Good luck.

Maybe a bit wiser now?

Hopefully the pilot group is a bit wiser now. We could've been in the process of getting our union established at this point if we had voted it in back in Jan 08 before this last round of "raises" were announced. This would've saved all those 85 guys from getting furloughed and we would've still had the 16 day lines.

Unfortuneately, the pilot group had the

upper hand at that point, remember the
weekly voice messages from DG prior
to the raise about how important we all
were. We let that opportunity pass, and
I said then that it was only a matter of
time before the raise would be gone and
now here we are.

All I hope is all my coworkers at Flex will wise up and realize that managements big smoke screen that we're "one big happy family" is bs. They are concerned about their bottomline, not the pilots well being.

Wise up, guys!

Hopefully the pilot group is a bit wiser now. We could've been in the process of getting our union established at this point if we had voted it in back in Jan 08 before this last round of "raises" were announced. This would've saved all those 85 guys from getting furloughed and we would've still had the 16 day lines.

Unfortuneately, the pilot group had the
upper hand at that point, remember the
weekly voice messages from DG prior
to the raise about how important we all
were. We let that opportunity pass, and
I said then that it was only a matter of
time before the raise would be gone and
now here we are.

All I hope is all my coworkers at Flex will wise up and realize that managements big smoke screen that we're "one big happy family" is bs. They are concerned about their bottomline, not the pilots well being.

Wise up, guys!

Hate to disagree, but if you had voted it in, you'd be in the same shape as FLOPS. First time contracts take years (three or more on the average) and lots of turmoil before they are put into play. None of those jobs would have been saved, if anything, it could have been even worse due to the normal bad blood of union labor relations. Even when it goes "good" lots of people suffer.

Be careful what you ask for...

Bad blood?

Hate to disagree, but if you had voted it in, you'd be in the same shape as FLOPS. First time contracts take years (three or more on the average) and lots of turmoil before they are put into play. None of those jobs would have been saved, if anything, it could have been even worse due to the normal bad blood of union labor relations. Even when it goes "good" lots of people suffer.

Be careful what you ask for...

B19

First, why is there always an assumption of bad blood with creation of a union? Second, I think a lot of good people are already getting hurt. Just ask the 85 guys that are gone. Third, if you think management is going to stop cutting more from the pilots you are mistaken. When the flight hours do come back we will be back to 14+ duty days and I don't think 7/3 schedules will be out of the realm of possibility.

Since you seem to think a union is a bad thing, you tell me how we could have more job security?

I don't think we need to worry about a union at Flex. There just isn't enough backbone with this group. Very weak indeed.

Latest resources

Back