Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daneav8

Hello,

First, does the aircraft assigned to you determine the geographic area you fly in? In other words, if you are assigned the Citation Encore or Ultra, would you fly north, south, east coast and west coast?

Second, for anyone flying the Sovereign; how do you like it?

Thanks, and best of luck to those waiting to hear back after their interviews!

First, does the aircraft assigned to you determine the geographic area you fly in? In other words, if you are assigned the Citation Encore or Ultra, would you fly north, south, east coast and west coast?

Not really, except that the smaller cabins don't do nearly as much international stuff. As an Excel guy, I'll sometimes get stuck east of the Mississippi for an entire tour. Even a plane that doesn't have a long range may still go a long way: I've done a number of coast-to-coast flights in the Excel, but with a fuel stop.

This past tour, I was lucky: I picked up the plane in Chicago, flew on the west coast all week, and dropped it back off in Ohio for an airline home. It was a nice tour!

Last month went to Aculpulco and St. Vincent... Another guy I flew with said he had been down in the islands for a few days w/ overnights in St. Croix and St. Thomas... So I'd say pretty regularly, maybe not a ton of Europe but def. down in the islands and S. America pretty often.

I've been on the Sovereign for a year and a half. Love the airplane! Jack of all trades. It def works hard but hopefully it will settle down as we get more of them on the property. Any specific questions feel free to ask

Does NJ mgmt care about any types you already have? Should a person with a Soveriegn type exspect to be put in that aircraft if its in the hiring pool? Do they ever try to save money this way? If it works out would it just be recurrent and company training that you are sent to, or do you have to do long term once again?

it doesnt really matter in the sence of saving money......I was told you will go back through the entire course. Even if you were typed a month ago with your current company.

Latest resources

Back