• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact that the company took some of the bennies off the table speaks volumes. They are re-evaluating the deal and working to get their own house in order in the face of some serious industry challenges.

I disagree.

I think at some point ALL 'bennies' will be off the table as management reimburses itself for being forced to do the work of waiting for an arbitrator to integrate 10,000 egomaniacs.

What do you think will happen to NW, DL stock when a merger is announced? Does the phrase thru the roof ring a bell?

That means cheap borrowing power my brother...and that is what will be needed to get to the other side of the current/future economic situation.

Just how small is the Generals Penis? If I were a Vegas odds maker I would offer the following lines.

Penis under 3 inches -300
Bald -570
Non Delta Pilot -1500
Height under 5-7 -650
No chick -2500
Picked on in High School -900
Never kissed a girl -3000
40 Year old Virgin -5000

Last edited:
And for some reason your MEC keeps coming back for more. Why is that minibus man? With all of this doom and gloom you say we WILL have (none of our management people seemed as stressed out about it as you are), why oh why do your guys want to call us back? Go away and stay in your ice caves you HOSERS.

And, those frogs also own KLM, your key to Europe (since you don't have anything else except DUS and a few major cities there). Be nice. And yes, they will help us if we somehow need it. Enjoy those great financials---instead of pilot pay. If you personally need a loan, call me--25% interest compounded daily, but that is because you are my hoser buddy from the great white north.(otherwise--it is 30%)

And, I can't believe you are trying to compare fleet ages. Wow. Most of your domestic fleet is older than most of our employees (except the stews).

Bye Bye--General Lee
Oh OK. Back to name calling huh? That thing you say people do when they can't debate? That's cool. Would you care to debate the fleet age numbers? You know, the ones that show our airlines are only 5 years apart in average fleet age? Go ahead RobertE...dispute any fleet numbers I stated.

I know that factual numbers scare you and don't mesh with your little fantasy world of vast DAL superiority that you've conjured up in your head so successfully.

You should read 10k's as closely as you read other airline's timetables. You'd come off a whole lot smarter than you do.

PS. Thanks for the loan offer, but I would never borrow money from someone with such a poor grasp of finance. At least Fins has an MBA, but alas, he's resigning......

BTW, you got totally OWNED by FmrFreightDog earlier today over here and ran away from that thread in record time. Yet you claim to always respond. Hilarious.

Fact...from the source. IF the merger had gone through the nines would have come to ATL and been put on any route DAL runs against value jet and there is currently some RJ on it- fact. The 747 freighters would have been parked - fact. Why run them when the DHL contract with NWA is dead...that was 55% of the revenue on that operation.

Now DAL is going back to plan A - the go alone modified to run at 105 a barrel oil. IF the plan works DAL will turn a modest profit. This is the stand alone plan... even managment sees a merger is a bad deal right now. Why push the issue. Wouldn't it just be easier to do it IF the rumors of furlough come true at NWA? For the guys at NWA I truly hope this is just a rumor - been furloughed...hated it. There are NO plans to furlough at DAL, none. Plan is train for the 777s after the summer flying and not back fill these positions until pilots are needed for the next summer push - that means hiring again in the fall-winter.

Bottom line...the pilots can talk all they want - but if mgmt does want the merger right now it is not going to happen. And by far the majority of the DAL pilots don't want the merger (and can vote down anything that DALPA puts out) it would take years to get the mess straightend out. It would be too little too late.

I would bet on DAL or NWA buying a smaller airline or just buying routes. Easier and it has a better return on the investment without the headaches.

I think both pilot goups will be better off on their own. Take a lesson from our amigos at USAir.

Fact...from the source. IF the merger had gone through the nines would have come to ATL and been put on any route DAL runs against value jet and there is currently some RJ on it- fact. The 747 freighters would have been parked - fact. Why run them when the DHL contract with NWA is dead...that was 55% of the revenue on that operation.

Now DAL is going back to plan A - the go alone modified to run at 105 a barrel oil. IF the plan works DAL will turn a modest profit. This is the stand alone plan... even managment sees a merger is a bad deal right now. Why push the issue. Wouldn't it just be easier to do it IF the rumors of furlough come true at NWA? For the guys at NWA I truly hope this is just a rumor - been furloughed...hated it. There are NO plans to furlough at DAL, none. Plan is train for the 777s after the summer flying and not back fill these positions until pilots are needed for the next summer push - that means hiring again in the fall-winter.

Bottom line...the pilots can talk all they want - but if mgmt does want the merger right now it is not going to happen. And by far the majority of the DAL pilots don't want the merger (and can vote down anything that DALPA puts out) it would take years to get the mess straightend out. It would be too little too late.

I would bet on DAL or NWA buying a smaller airline or just buying routes. Easier and it has a better return on the investment without the headaches.

I think both pilot goups will be better off on their own. Take a lesson from our amigos at USAir.[/quote]

Amen to that. However, if USAirways and AWA had not merged, USAirways (the original) would most likely be liquidated by now... Although the USAirways Easties would never admit that.

Fact...from the source. IF the merger had gone through the nines would have come to ATL and been put on any route DAL runs against value jet and there is currently some RJ on it- fact. The 747 freighters would have been parked - fact. Why run them when the DHL contract with NWA is dead...that was 55% of the revenue on that operation. Buddy of mine on the freighters said that the DHL contract isnt gone anymore. Maybe someone can confirm this as true or false. Thanks DTW320 for the link http://www.americanshipper.com/news/news_intl_story.asp?news=87165

Now DAL is going back to plan A - the go alone modified to run at 105 a barrel oil. IF the plan works DAL will turn a modest profit. This is the stand alone plan... even managment sees a merger is a bad deal right now. Why push the issue. Wouldn't it just be easier to do it IF the rumors of furlough come true at NWA? Rumors of furloughs??:confused: Must be some rumor you DAL guys are starting because we have heard of NO such thing. There are NO plans for furlough at NWA, NONE. In fact where you stopped classes we are still currently running them. For the guys at NWA I truly hope this is just a rumor - been furloughed...hated it. There are NO plans to furlough at DAL, none. Plan is train for the 777s after the summer flying and not back fill these positions until pilots are needed for the next summer push - that means hiring again in the fall-winter.

I think both pilot goups will be better off on their own. Take a lesson from our amigos at USAir I agree but i think mgmt will try it either way.

:pimp:

Last edited:
Fact...from the source. IF the merger had gone through the nines would have come to ATL and been put on any route DAL runs against value jet and there is currently some RJ on it- fact. Hadn't heard that one. All the usual suspects here have said the -9's would be parked. The 747 freighters would have been parked - fact. Why run them when the DHL contract with NWA is dead...that was 55% of the revenue on that operation. Not a Fact. DHL agreement still intact. Read about it here. Besides, a lot of the NRT slots are tied to the freighters and Cargo brought in just shy of $1Billion in Revenue last year and is one product that can reliably pass the cost of fuel on to the customer.

Now DAL is going back to plan A - the go alone modified to run at 105 a barrel oil. IF the plan works DAL will turn a modest profit. Merrill Lynch says at $100/barrel DAL loses $260M this year. At $110/barrel they lose $579M. Interpolated $105/barrel = $420M Loss.This is the stand alone plan... even managment sees a merger is a bad deal right now. Why push the issue. Wouldn't it just be easier to do it IF the rumors of furlough come true at NWA? For the guys at NWA I truly hope this is just a rumor - been furloughed...hated it. There are NO plans to furlough at DAL, none. Plan is train for the 777s after the summer flying and not back fill these positions until pilots are needed for the next summer push - that means hiring again in the fall-winter.

I think both pilot goups will be better off on their own. Take a lesson from our amigos at USAir.
Otherwise Agree.:beer:

Airlines' 2008 estimated net income or loss (), in millions, if crude oil prices average these amounts per barrel for the year:

Airline $75 $95 $100 $110

Alaska $104 $14 -$9 -$54

American $797 -$538 -$872 -$1,539

Continental $444 -$12 -$126 -$354

Delta $538 -$100 -$260 -$579

Northwest $488 $43 -$69 -$291

United $540 -$116 -$280 -$609

Total majors $2,913 -$709 $-1,615 -$3,426

Latest resources

Back