First year Netjets pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

theskyking

I've been lucky enough to be offered an interview this next month and I'm trying to gather some information.

Mainly, I'm just trying to get an idea of your monthly take home pay. If I'm lucky enough to get a job offer, it's going to be a pay cut. I need to know how much seeing as I have a wife and two kids to support.

Thanks for your help. If any of you would be up to chatting on the phone too, PM me and I'll send you my number.

theskyking said:
I've been lucky enough to be offered an interview this next month and I'm trying to gather some information.

Mainly, I'm just trying to get an idea of your monthly take home pay. If I'm lucky enough to get a job offer, it's going to be a pay cut. I need to know how much seeing as I have a wife and two kids to support.

Thanks for your help. If any of you would be up to chatting on the phone too, PM me and I'll send you my number.

First, congrats on getting the interview. I don't work at Netjets but I am looking into it. In case you have not seen it, you might want to look at airlinepilotcentral.com and look under the fractional tab for a review of the fleet and salary ranges. Per diem would not be included on this list - and it can be a big chunk of money (add that to the total on the list in each category).

Additionally, if you get offered the Citation Excel fleet, you will get an additional $3K or so per year due to differences pay (for the Excel and the upgraded XLS version). I hear that busy fleets like the Excel and the Citation X (my favorite) fleets might provide some overtime pay given that they are the busiest fleets. Some fleets are not busy whatsoever and therefore don't have any overtime to offer...

I am sure a bunch of Netjets guys will respond to this post. I have a number of former regional friends who have joined and they are quite happy.

Good luck!

I've seen the info at Airline Pilot Central and read the contract front to back. Sounds pretty darned good. Just trying to get to the nuts-and-bolts of the pay and see what the guys and gals are actually depositing in the bank.

Thanks for the response.

My first year under the old contract ($27k 1st yr pay), my w2 shows $41k gross. Not including per diem. If that helps.

I'm first year. You are on reserve until released to IOE, so you can pretty much count on about 1500 every 2 weeks after taxes, plus perdiem. Now that i'm on the line i'm on the 7and7 schedule, but still see checks that are at least 1500 or more due to overtime and holiday pay. Every holiday you work your first year is an extra 350 bucks a day. Plus the "tips" really add up along with the perdiem. Congrats

Since I have the contract In front of me here are the real numbers strait out of it. Per diem is $40.80 per day or 1.70 pr/hr, yes there is extra money with holidays and OT
FO pay scale:
...........7&7 ..................RESERVE
1st yr 39,000 .................46,286
2nd yr 40,950 .................48,600
3rd yr 42,998................. 51,030
4th yr 45,147................. 53,582
5th yr 47,405.................. 56,261
6TH YR +3% PER YR AT RATIFICATION ANNIVERSARY

Captain
1st 52500 .........................62308
2nd 61875 .......................73434
3rd 71250........................ 84560
4th 80625......................... 95687
5th 90000......................... 106813
6th yr and after it starts to make a difference with type of aircraft on and pay if you whant the rest of the pay scale look at the union web site www.ibt1108.com i think there is a visitor section with it

Last edited:
Dumb question... If you upgrade at your fifth year with the company will you get the year 5 captain pay or the year 1?

SinglePliot135 said:
Dumb question... If you upgrade at your fifth year with the company will you get the year 5 captain pay or the year 1?

class 1,2 ,3 it year of service...class 4,5 its year in class..so your are an fo in the xl for 2 years then upgrade in year 3. its 3 year capt pay..

another example if you are here for 12 years in the 800 as a capt then go to the 2000ex,class 4 then you go to year 1 pay in that class..

hope that helps...

theskyking said:
I've seen the info at Airline Pilot Central and read the contract front to back. Sounds pretty darned good. Just trying to get to the nuts-and-bolts of the pay and see what the guys and gals are actually depositing in the bank.

Thanks for the response.

I had all of the questions you did before I came here. I came NetJets 6 months ago and I am in the XL and receive diff pay. I am looking at my latest paycheck and my GROSS pay YTD is $23,511. I would expect to make $47K in 1 yr based on the latest figures. My gross per paycheck is roughly $1800 (depends on overtime) and NET is about $1400. I am taxed at the single rate with no other deductions at this time. I will do the 401K next yr.

This does not include the $500/mo in per diem and the free medical. I paid $300/mo for medical at my last company so there's an additional $3600/yr back into my pocket. Hope this helps.

J31

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back