• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yup

:)

Wow!

That's pretty impressive. What about hiring and the domicile situation. I'm interested in DAL and look to apply in the next month or two.

Do you think it's better than UPS, FEDEX, or SW

I might be close in certain ways, it's the decision I'm trying to make

IMO, for a new hire it's not even close, unless you happen to be from one of the 5 domiciles. The big advantages Netjets has over a lot of companies is predictablility of schedule, and job stability. Anything can happen, but the companies you listed above have stability, and lots of time off just like NJA. If you happen to commute, as a post ratification hire you're left with the option of driving whatever distance to your domicile (300 miles for me), or purchasing a ticket (average $150-175, one way for me). If you happen to live in a SW city where fares are cheap, or closer to your base this might not be an issue for you. The contract may or may not change at NJA to allow either HBA or at the very least some more attractive domicile options in the future. Everyone (union and company) seems to think it will change, but my past experience tells me to believe it when it's signed in on an LOA (preferably), or hashed out at the end of the next Sec 6 (several years away). Bottom line...don't take a job at NJA if you're not prepared to deal with the expense/hassle of commuting indefinitely.

NJA is a good job. For guys that are on the "A" scale (home-based), it's a great job. So are those other companies. Obviously FedEx and UPS have huge financial advantages for a long career. SW is probably the most fun. Every person's situation is different. You need to prioritize what's important to you and figure out where you want to go based upon that alone.

My $.02

What about FLexjet

Would Flexjet be comparable with Netjets as far as quality of life and days off, benefits, pay, etc?

Speaking of LOAs---

There is some hope in the domicile debacle due to the LOA that offers some flexibility. There is now the chance to change domiciles either by swapping same seat, same fleet, or by bidding based on seniority when a domicile opening is supposedly offered to the pilots on property first before going out to the new hires. I haven't heard how that is going. Does anyone know?

While indefinitely can be a very long time, it is prudent to plan for the worst even while you hope for the best. I think those who dislike the system and would apply but for that reason should let NJA know that. Who knows? With enough negative feedback perhaps they'd see that it just isn't all that it was touted as. Other management experiments have come and gone, haven't they? I think it's too early to say what the future holds for the Domicile Debacle. My sympathy to those adversely affected by the ill-conceived plan.
NJW

Well, its a poison pill plain and simple. I wish they'd get rid of it, I know more people I'd love to help get on here but they won't take it because of the domicile system.

That being said, in my 18th month and still just as happy as the day I started.
The reserve schedule is nice little secret. It's not bad at all to me because I like the ability to pick and choose days each month, rather than hoping the 7 and 7 falls into line with life's events.

There is now the chance to change domiciles either by swapping same seat, same fleet, or by bidding based on seniority when a domicile opening is supposedly offered to the pilots on property first before going out to the new hires. I haven't heard how that is going. Does anyone know?

2 pilots have already switched domiciles. more will get the official notice tomorrow.

i don't know if any have actually swapped on their own.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back