Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
theskyking said:
J31

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Are you on 7n7 or reserve?

Did 7/7 for 2 months and then picked up Reserve beginning Aug 1. The reserve schedule works better for me and my ANG flying. Everyone's situation is different.

instant raise

J31 and all,

Everyone's situation IS different. But, if humanly possible, do auto deduct from your pay to the 401k. The 50% match is easy money.

Flysher said:
forgive me for asking, but what is the reserve schedule( if there is one)?

Instead of 7 on 7 off you work up to 18 days a month althou 15-16 is more normal. You get 4 hard days off. You can take all 4 at once or in 2 pairs of 2 seperated by at least 7 days. Major holidays are usually blacked out for bidding H days. After flying a 7 day trip you get a min of 4 days off. Less than 7 day trips require a min of 3 days off. It's rare to fly trips shorter than 5 days.

This isn't traditional reserve like the airlines have. Either you're working those 18 days or you're off. Now if you have an on duty day and they have no jet or no Captain to match you up with then you may get to sit on standby at home/hotel. In that case you have to leave within 30 minutes of getting called. That's really the only time you're sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. Other times you're notifed by 7pm the night before what you're doing the next day.

This job involves a lot of sitting on hot standby at the FBO. But that's the same for 7&7 or reserve bidders.

AirBear

theskyking said:
I've seen the info at Airline Pilot Central and read the contract front to back. Sounds pretty darned good. Just trying to get to the nuts-and-bolts of the pay and see what the guys and gals are actually depositing in the bank.

Thanks for the response.

6th year xp capt..On track to make 118 to 120. 7/7 schedule that includes ot ,holiday and extended days (2 so far this year)..hope it keeps up...daddy needs new boat and truck...

Why?

Why do you suppose that is? I'm just curious. Also are they planning on hiring many more pilots?
Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back