• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First year Netjets pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got the call 2 weeks after receiveing the email- interview was 2 weeks after that. Seems to be a little "2 week" pattern going on with everything- receiving the app, getting the email- interview, etc. They are quick to offer classes once accepted though- all the waiting is prior to the interview- then while waiting on IOE and aircraft training- but that's all paid, so enjoy! ;o)

Take care, good luck.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I did mail my app and it was recieved per the post office on sept 4th, then 3 weeks later I got the email. SO maybe they are on a 3week pattern now, (ha) time will tell.

Yeah- 3 weeks, 2 weeks- you know how these things go. ;o)

I chose CMH. I was in the process of selling a house in northern VA and I had no reason to be anywhere particular, so I took my money and ran to a low cost of living. (And cheap, rolling, beautiful golf courses.)

At the time it was CMH, LAX only. But that changes weekly it seems. I heard they took a few PBI recently. Also, they will not waste your time if you don't have a base on your app. that they are not hiring for. They do, however, have the courtesy to notify you that your number has come up for the interview and they are not hiring into your selected base. (Gives you a chance to wait it out or take what they got. They will put you back in the que for when your base opens up though.

Later

Well, i put in for all 5 bases, but in all honesty, I would only consider DFW and LAX. DAL being my first choice. ONly time will tell.

I'm pleased for all those involved that NJA extends candidates the courtesy of helping them understand the Domicile Debacle. Truly, it's the least they can do, one would think. Perhaps they've been told, "You snooze you lose" by pilots who got tired of cooling their heels waiting for their first choice to open up? It seems rather simple to me. If you want a motivated, loyal employee, treat them in a manner guaranteed to elicit that response from the beginning of your interaction together. Good Luck to all those in the holding pattern!
NJW

Good luck to all of those waiting on their first choice in domicile. I waited nine months to get into DAL and it paid off. If you choose to wait I will let you know that it is worth it. It wasn't fun watching people that put their app in after me getting hired. DAL is where I live and that was my only choice and I am very happy I waited. Derinda and Linda went above and beyond responding to every e-mail I sent when most H.R. departments would send you an auto e-mail saying don't call us we will call you. They are a class act team of women. Again best of luck to anybody and if you have any questions pm me.

If they'd only get rid of the dang domicile policy...:smash:

I know a lot of people agree with you on that. As I understand, Derinda knows that this is a huge obstacle for a lot of pilots who would otherwise be interested in coming here.

If nothing else, I wish they'd open a lot more of their so-called domiciles. All the company has to do is look at where current pilots are living and they might see several popular cities to offer new-hires like DEN, PHX, etc.

I notice those suggestions are not on the coast, and it does seem that more cities in the middle of the country would be an advantage. Chicago is another high-traffic city for NJ planes, isn't it? I'm sure we could easily come up with a list that makes as much sense as their chosen 5....:rolleyes:

Kudos to Derinda and Linda! Which one gets the green flag? Which the checkered? I nominate Willy 21 as poster pilot for hanging in there and coming out a winner in the Domicile Derby....:) Good Luck to the next group!

Latest resources

Back