• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First SLI thread of the day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And what is with this dispute where Mesaba (and maybe Colgan as well) wants to dispute Pinnacle pilots using there first day of class as their hire date, just the same as Mesaba or Colgan does?

What a bunch of a-#$^@s. Apparently using the same benchmark for all 3 groups is wrong, as long as it creates an advantage for you. No class.

Colganites can forget about relative seniority. That is NOT going to happen. I was also told by one of our union guys that Mesaba's opening position was 7 to 1, in favor of Mesaba.

You can all F&)*K! off about Pinnacles position.

You were told wrong.

And what is with this dispute where Mesaba (and maybe Colgan as well) wants to dispute Pinnacle pilots using there first day of class as their hire date, just the same as Mesaba or Colgan does?

What a bunch of a-#$^@s. Apparently using the same benchmark for all 3 groups is wrong, as long as it creates an advantage for you. No class.

Wasn't that specified in the MOU? I doubt the dispute is with this, but has to do more with getting the 9E list corrected to show class date seniority that is correct.

Wasn't that specified in the MOU? I doubt the dispute is with this, but has to do more with getting the 9E list corrected to show class date seniority that is correct.

I've heard this in three different places now. I don't have a problem using Pinnacle's DOH as the first day of class. If what I have heard a few times actually happened (big if), I would lose the last shred of respect I have for Pinnacle pilots and/or the ones that represent that pilot group. Oh, and Smarta$$'s last few posts have already made me lose respect for him. At least Flyer and Doin' Time are cordial in their posts even though I disagree with what they say most of the time.

"Turn out the lights the party's over...All good things must end...the party's over" This should be the epitaph of the wonderful results we've had by voting for this "holy grail" aka JCBA. And, YES I am bored and my flu-ridden...long-term training...type ride and fatigued body will not let me sleep. bri...Thanks for the grammar lesson too by the way! I usta fly da Beach 1900, so I am kinda dumb...But can outfly any Jet U clone! Flame away trolls!!!!! PEACE OUT...How is that for my normally sane, measured and well-thought out response? Yes, I AM LOSING IT...

Last edited:
I've heard this in three different places now. I don't have a problem using Pinnacle's DOH as the first day of class. If what I have heard a few times actually happened (big if), I would lose the last shred of respect I have for Pinnacle pilots and/or the ones that represent that pilot group. Oh, and Smarta$$'s last few posts have already made me lose respect for him. At least Flyer and Doin' Time are cordial in their posts even though I disagree with what they say most of the time.

What did you hear?

Colganites can forget about relative seniority. That is NOT going to happen. I was also told by one of our union guys that Mesaba's opening position was 7 to 1, in favor of Mesaba.

You can all F&)*K! off about Pinnacles position.

Opening positions are much diff then final proposals man. geez.

I'm pretty sure that is not what the dispute is over.

What did you hear?

This. I just hope it wasn't intentional.

SLI Update: May 24, 2011
As you know, yesterday morning Arbitrator Bloch requested an updated seniority list from each Merger committee. After those updated seniority lists were exchanged, the Mesaba Merger Committee found numerous discrepancies in one of the other airline's seniority list that, if left uncorrected, could have had serious implications.

Your Merger committee has an obligation to ensure accurate data is used in the construction of the seniority list that will accompany Mr. Bloch's decision. The discrepancies apparent in the other airline’s updated list were identified and questioned, which in turn highlighted a few issues that must be resolved before the lists can be combined.

Unfortunately, this has caused a delay in Arbitrator Bloch's award. This evening Mr. Bloch has stated that he hopes to release his award before the end of this week. Since the onset of this process, your Merger Committee has placed the accurate representation of seniority list data as a top priority, and this priority has not changed. We will provide you with another update tomorrow.

What kind of dumbass airline uses the day you pass a checkride as date of hire, what the hell were you in training leading up to the checkride?

Latest resources

Back