• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First SLI thread of the day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The worst part is that DOH probably has nothing to do with the sorting of the award so all this bickering is over an unused data point that resides next to a name. Would we be in this same situation if we had disagreement over various pilots' employee number or birth dates?

Maybe, your assumption is wrong.

Quite possibly a true statement, other than how it effects your order on the current (seperate) lists.

I would like to see an example of this. If this is true, it would have to be all category and/or relative. So with this example either the Mesaba (or 9E) 900 captains would have to be stapled to the bottom of the other group, or they would have to be meshed using relative or some kind of ratio. Same type of mess with the 200's. How do you integrate approx 80 pilots with approximately 700 (total guess)? What am I missing? :confused:

I think you got it (with the ratio thing, not the staple thing).

I don't know how it's going to come out. I don't _think_ DOH is going to be a big factor.

I do know it's going to be interesting reading.

I'm guessing that when it's all done, I still won't hold weekends off.

I would like to see an example of this. If this is true, it would have to be all category and/or relative. So with this example either the Mesaba (or 9E) 900 captains would have to be stapled to the bottom of the other group, or they would have to be meshed using relative or some kind of ratio. Same type of mess with the 200's. How do you integrate approx 80 pilots with approximately 700 (total guess)? What am I missing? :confused:

There are no givens when it come to the definition of a category. Its entirely up to Bloch. One possible category could be "turbojet + Q400". In that case, with a ratioed sorting, the outcome for the first seniority block would be 650 PCL, 300 Mesaba and 150 Colgan (these are approximate numbers). So the rough ordering would be a repeating cycle of 4 PCL CAs, 2 MSA CAs and 1 CJC CA. With this category placed first the likely second block would be SF34 CA where 150 Mesaba would be ratio integrated with about 150 Colgan. A repeating cycle of of 1 Mesaba and 1 Colgan. Then the FO status of both of these blocks would be added in behind.

There is no magic in "status and category" and its almost universally used in arbitrated pilot seniority list integrations.

The best thing about the decision at this late date will be that it ends all of the speculation. This thing's gotten worse than a reality TV show, and not even a single T!t to make it interesting for the guys!

The best thing about the decision at this late date will be that it ends all of the speculation. This thing's gotten worse than a reality TV show, and not even a single T!t to make it interesting for the guys!

You got that right. This looks (and is) a bit messy right now. I suspect most pilots just want to be able to get the same schedules and paychecks when this is done that they have right now (and, for FO's, the same upgrade prospects). In reality, the dynamics of the industry, company, and lists, means that it isn't really possible to keep everything "the same", but hopefully the solution comes as close as possible.

And then, hopefuly everyone comes to work, puts this behind them, works together to make this job as good as it can be going forward, and then gets on at Purple/DL/SWA/whatever floats your boat ASAP.

Latest resources

Back