Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lightheart

Hi all,

Would anyone please give advice on which FO Programs would be good to consider.

I'm a mature PPL holder (37) and will have my IR/CPL/ME done very shortly and so need to acquire the "right" experience to build up to and beyond 1000 hrs.

Also, am I being realistic that US carriers would consider taking me on at 39/40 (when I've got the experience)?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Lightheart said:
Hi all,

Would anyone please give advice on which FO Programs would be good to consider.

I'm a mature PPL holder (37) and will have my IR/CPL/ME done very shortly and so need to acquire the "right" experience to build up to and beyond 1000 hrs.

http://www.tabexpressinternational.com/home/

This is one of the best FO programs available. Not only does it only cost under $100,000, but you get to fly kingairs and then 1900's when/if the airline ever starts up.

If you're not looking to spend that cash, here's another good one:
http://www.gulfstreamacademy.com/

It's only $30,000 but it will only buy you 250 hours. Plus, you'll have the benefit of gaining that "airline experience" and buying yourself a job and cutting in front of others who actually worked their way up the ladder.

~wheelsup

P.S. A fool and his money...

Last edited:
lightheart you are a whore, and please do not advance past an instrument rating. You have no business in commercial aviation.

OUCH!! But True!

Lightheart I see this is your first post so Ill help you out. There is a search function in the upper right of this website. Search PFT (Pay-for-training), Gulfstream and Tab.
Not only are these programs money-makng scams but you will be labeled a PFTer and may have trouble finding work. PFTers are not liked by most because they are paying to work at jobs that should be occupied by payed pilots.
Save your cash you dont need 1900 time. Finish your ratings, instruct like crazy, fly traffic, banners and you can probably get a regional job in 18 months.
I dont claim to be an expert but feel free to pm (private message) if you have any questions.
Hope this helps you make a more informed decision.

Last edited:
CUEBOAT said:
lightheart you are a whore, and please do not advance past an instrument rating. You have no business in commercial aviation.

Nice post. I think it would've been a lot more useful to point him in the right direction and recommend some searching on the FO flight school downfalls (PFT).

T-REX said:
Not only are these programs money-makng scams but you will be labeled a PFTer and may have trouble finding work.

Don't believe ANY of the rants and BS you hear on this board about ANY of the "hot" subjects.

One FACT that I am 100% certain of is that once you reach an experience level commensurate with getting hired anywhere beyond the regional level, they could give a rat's a@@ where you got that experience. They could not care less if you went to a "pilot factory", or if you or your daddy or your rich uncle paid for your training or bought you a personal King Air for you to tool around in, or will they care if you came from Mesa.

Your individual personality is what will get you the job. You experience and credentials will get you the interview. Beyond that...NO ONE CARES. Except the pathetic few on this board that will try and convice you otherwise.

For the record, my background is CFI, "commuter" pilot (before the days of PFT) on Metros and Dash 7s, then DC-9s, 727s, and for more years than I can remember, 737s,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back