Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First Class Medical/Smoker, can i get one?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hugh Jorgan said:
Hit the gym and nail one of the chicks working out there.
(He's talking about sex, by the way...not sparring. :D )

Good ol' Hugh. Tells it like it is. :D It's true about the 40 year old though.

Try the commit losenges, or the patch, or the gum.
But QUIT, you'll be thankful you did.

If you fall off the wagon, pick yourself back up try another method (patch, losenge, etc) and quit all over again.

Don't drink or go out to bars for a long while.

Don't hang with your smoking buddies anymore, not be unfriendly, you just don't need the temptation.

Realize that you'll have to relearn stress coping skills and that you'll be Mr. Grumpy for a couple of months.

You can quit, lots of folks do. It took me two attempts but I am very happy that it finally stuck.

Think of all the flight time you are wasting on the smokes. What is it now, three and a half bucks a pack now? JEESH!!!

I promise you, you'll be amazed at how nasty it smells after you get a few months away from it.

YOU CAN DO IT.... dont procrastinate (sp?) or you'll be 55 yrs. old in the doc's office with a cough that aint going away.

Here's another reason to quit besides the smell in the cockpit (... Good one BTW); A potential employer may look at your continued smoking as bad judgement. Do you want to lose a chance at a good gig because you didn't nip this in the bud now?

Some folks are harsh about it because they lost loved ones to cancer.

Good Luck

BTW, John Thorp really can design a plane huh?

Last edited:
I probably shouldn't post this, but...

One side of my family all smoked. Just for the record, not one has died of cancer or other smoking related illness.

On the other hand, three of my immediate relatives on that side are dead as a result of alchohol. Drowning in your own vomit on the floor of a seedy bar is not a classy way to go.

Just something to think about next time you folks are opting for that third drink at the bar.....

Latest resources

Back