Fire Work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Movin' on up!

Anybody know of any companies in the Pacific Northwest that will be looking to hire pilots for this fire season?

You can see my qualifications right here. I have a 7 on 7 off schedule which can be worked around. I know the money can be good during the fire season.

A guy at our company usually takes three months and goes and flys the fires. Itd be something I'd like to try next summer/fall.

Avbug from what I've seen 2500 and 1000 multi get you to minimums for some companies, or is it more connection based?

Go to www.airtanker.com or find an operator who is looking for air attack pilots. Dyn-Corp flys OV-10 and S2T's for the CDF but those seats are hard to come by and you'd have to be available for about 6 months out of the year...a 7n7 might not cut it. Commander Northwest out of Wenatchee hires air attacks.

Rewarding work tho...lot's of fun. You could also try Leading Edge/ERA for smokejumper ops.

Eric

Last edited:
Leading Edge/ERA.....I have heard about them but can't find info on the internet. Any suggestions? Lostdog65, thanks for the info.

I'm based in Bend, OR. Relief work would be great. That's probably closer to what I am looking for. I can commute to work anywhere in the West.

movin....I'll try to get that address for you when I get home tonight...I'll pm you when I find it.

Eric

Leading edge and Era hire experienced otter drivers that are usually already OAS carded. Kickin' cargo at 100 ft in the mountains is not a weekend job. It takes a few seasons in the right seat to do it. Commander NW is a great company and I urge you to try for a relief slot. However, your other 135 job does pose a slight problem. Fire contracts require 2 days off in any 14 days. Typically we work 12 on/ 2 off. Your travel days "commuting" count as days worked...so you'd have to really watch meeting both jobs required days off. Since these operators are seasonal, they can't afford to loose a contract because a pilot is in violation of his rest requirements.

Latest resources

Back