Finally updated my logbook...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
minitour said:
...sarcasm...lots of approaches over the past few months...it was getting rediculous....I know it can't keep me current til 2010....just sarcasm....

-mini
I know, just giving you a hard time.
What do they pay you to do all of their ferry flights?

siucavflight said:
I know, just giving you a hard time.
What do they pay you to do all of their ferry flights?

I was charging a per nm rate rather than a day rate. Depends on type of equipment. I've flown some neat sh*t though...421s and Malibus were probably my fav so far. Systems b*tches though...never thought I'd start pulling power back 80nm out.

VNugget said:
I think I rememer post from you talking about your instrument checkride, and things like that... Amazing how time flies huh?
ain't that the truth. Now I'm trying to knock out this ATP/ADX written.

-mini

Yea, Ferrying is fun wait till you have a total of 153 gallons of fuel in a 172 and 5,500' and no land for 250-300 miles all around you talk about a rush!

NW_Pilot said:
Yea, Ferrying is fun wait till you have a total of 153 gallons of fuel in a 172 and 5,500' and no land for 250-300 miles all around you talk about a rush!

I don't do over water SE anymore. Did it a few times over the great lakes...now I go the long way around and charge per nm accordingly.

I have a problem with water if it meets any or all of the following categories:
1. I can't see across it from the surface.
2. I can't see the bottom of it from anywhere.
3. There's things in it that could eat me.

-mini

minitour said:
I don't do over water SE anymore. Did it a few times over the great lakes...now I go the long way around and charge per nm accordingly.

I have a problem with water if it meets any or all of the following categories:
1. I can't see across it from the surface.
2. I can't see the bottom of it from anywhere.
3. There's things in it that could eat me.

-mini

Yeah, I'm gonna say no to the SE large-body-of-water thing too. And in light of the croc hunter incident, I'd like to offer an amended #3: things that could eat, stab, poison, electrocute, drown, strangle, or float around me in a generally weird manner.

Glad to see someone from Scareman has progressed in aviation, mini. While the primary focus of my life has shifted to starting an unrelated business, I'm still rolling towards that magic 250 the 61 way... but probably wouldn't have picked up my tailwheel signoff or taken all the pleasure trips around the state doing it any other way!

MFR

MFRskyknight said:
Yeah, I'm gonna say no to the SE large-body-of-water thing too. And in light of the croc hunter incident, I'd like to offer an amended #3: things that could eat, stab, poison, electrocute, drown, strangle, or float around me in a generally weird manner.

Glad to see someone from Scareman has progressed in aviation, mini. While the primary focus of my life has shifted to starting an unrelated business, I'm still rolling towards that magic 250 the 61 way... but probably wouldn't have picked up my tailwheel signoff or taken all the pleasure trips around the state doing it any other way!

MFR

I second the motion to amend...#3 amended...motion to dismiss.

I wish I had done it the 61 way. I see advantages to both sides now (61 & 141) especially since starting to deal with the FAA on my own 141. I'm going to do my darndest not to push a 141 package over a 61 and also a 61 over a 141. I think each person needs to decide for themselves...but I recently started a student in a 61 program here and he needed to get his 50 PIC xc...he told me yesterday he learned more about weather and go/no go decisions in that 50 hours (done in less than 10 days to boot!) than he did in all of his student pilot training.

I wish I could have flown to more interesting places than OUN-ADM OUN-SWO every day...what a "joy" that was.

Oh well....some enjoy the same thing every day, some don't I s'pose.

What's the biz you're starting?

-mini

minitour said:
I second the motion to amend...#3 amended...motion to dismiss.

I wish I had done it the 61 way. I see advantages to both sides now (61 & 141) especially since starting to deal with the FAA on my own 141. I'm going to do my darndest not to push a 141 package over a 61 and also a 61 over a 141. I think each person needs to decide for themselves...but I recently started a student in a 61 program here and he needed to get his 50 PIC xc...he told me yesterday he learned more about weather and go/no go decisions in that 50 hours (done in less than 10 days to boot!) than he did in all of his student pilot training.

I wish I could have flown to more interesting places than OUN-ADM OUN-SWO every day...what a "joy" that was.

Oh well....some enjoy the same thing every day, some don't I s'pose.

What's the biz you're starting?

-mini

I did all my flying Part 61 should be pushing over 1,000 by the time I get back from my next adventure!!! Part 61 is the way to gain valuable experience Vs. Part 141 I think 141 is for speed not experience!

NW_Pilot said:
I did all my flying Part 61 should be pushing over 1,000 by the time I get back from my next adventure!!! Part 61 is the way to gain valuable experience Vs. Part 141 I think 141 is for speed not experience!

It has a time and a place...it's certainly not for everyone.

-mini

I don't fly SE PISTON over water. Turbine however is different.

It would be nice if you could sell time and experience on the internets.
I could see EBAY now. "1000 heavy turbine 121 for sale"

You put so many $ into those hours, you should be able to get them out.

CE

Latest resources

Back