Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andrew_VT said:
See Gulfstream Training Academy

As much as I laughed...lets not let this turn into a ___ thread. I think we've all beaten that horse to death quite enough.

-mini

minitour said:
I wish I could have flown to more interesting places than OUN-ADM OUN-SWO every day...what a "joy" that was.

Oh well....some enjoy the same thing every day, some don't I s'pose.

What's the biz you're starting?

-mini
Yeah, Okla. had its up-sides (wait... what were they again?), and its downsides, a big one being that everywhere you go looks like where you've already been.

I'm having infinitely more fun buzzing around random places in OR. The hours build slower for me, but maybe that's why I savor each one I get even more now. Can't say every launch out of OUN was such a magical treat. :rolleyes:

The biz is a restaurant franchise I've been interested in since I moved back. Hopefully that will take place in 2-4 months and help get me on my way. I'm sick of renting other peoples' airplanes. :p

MFR

Is it going to be a Chuck Norris Chicken Place, no wait..... Chuck Norris only eats raw beef.

MFRskyknight said:
I'm having infinitely more fun buzzing around random places in OR. The hours build slower for me, but maybe that's why I savor each one I get even more now. Can't say every launch out of OUN was such a magical treat. :rolleyes:
MFR
Hoe-say was craptastic...especially working both frequencies.

"Ground, N1234Z Airman, AWOS, taxi VFR East"
"N1234Z, West-hi-mer ground, taxi to runway 3"
"Runway 3, 34Z"
"Tower, N1234Z Runway 3 ready VFR East"
"N1234Z West-hi-mer tower, runway 3 turn on course cleared for takeoff"
"Cleared for takeoff 3, N34Z"
*on climbout*
"34Z say direction of flight"
"VFR East"
"okay, sir I need you to tell me that when you call me up ready for takeoff, I have other airplanes I need to sequence behind you"
"uh....okay....VFR East"

The chick was decent though....nice radio voice.

-mini

PS
Good luck w/ the biz...starting a business is the hardest most fun thing in this world to do.

Ohh god I remember that lady controller. I got all my training at OU and I would be shaking everytime she was in the tower. She was horrible at times. Sequencing people in so close that I nearly had 2 mid-air collisions in the pattern. Half the time it seemed that she didn't know where the planes actually were. Now as for Jose...he was awesome. He got you in and out at a pretty good rate and kept you clear of everybody. Hats off to Jose.

pkunzip66 said:
Ohh god I remember that lady controller. I got all my training at OU and I would be shaking everytime she was in the tower. She was horrible at times. Sequencing people in so close that I nearly had 2 mid-air collisions in the pattern. Half the time it seemed that she didn't know where the planes actually were. Now as for Jose...he was awesome. He got you in and out at a pretty good rate and kept you clear of everybody. Hats off to Jose.

uh......are we talking about the same people?

I had a totally different experience...but I wasn't thrilled about being there in the first place, so that probably biased me.

-mini

Latest resources

Back