• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Finally someone gets it.

Skywest Pylot

Total Time
7000+
Finally someone who gets it.

http://www.teamster.org/content/tea...ition-regulatory-change-should-enhance-safety

“We were aghast when we learned that these industry groups had the audacity to propose increasing flight time as a way to reduce fatigue in the wake of the Colgan crash,” said Local 1224 President Joe Muckle. “The sole purpose in evaluating the current regulations was to create a positive impact on safety. Giving consideration to Administrator Babbitt’s long-held ‘One Level of Safety’ concept, we urge policymakers not to sacrifice safety by allowing an increase in flight duty to passenger or cargo carriers as they complete extended flight over our cities, while fatigued, in overcrowded skies.”

Last edited:

densoo

Total Time
yes
Let them fly longer, but let them sleep on the flight deck. Will the nonsense never end.

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+
Let them fly longer, but let them sleep on the flight deck. Will the nonsense never end.

Here at my airline we are permitted to take "controlled rests, it does make one much more awake for critical phases of flight after a 15 min "power nap" especially during back side of the clock flights..

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
And it appears that the Delta MEC is in bed with the CEOs as well. They're position is to, in some circumstances, actually increase the allowable flying time per day.

First these nitwits cave on scope and damage other unions, but now they want to actually decrease safety. Simply un-f'ing believable.

WolfManPack

Total Time
5000+
I've tried raising awareness on this issue on this forum in week's past and very few seem to care.

To me it's absolutely incredible that ALPA has advocated this.

In order to reduce fatigue they are advocating increasing the number of hours a pilot can fly in a day WITHOUT SUPPLEMENTAL CREW.

What wrong is right and right is wrong these days.

Too many people with too much money on the line. The more I observe this type of crap go on the more of a synic I become.

Age 60...now this.

Good to be king isn't Boomers?

Me! Me! Me!

Skywest Pylot

Total Time
7000+
And it appears that the Delta MEC is in bed with the CEOs as well. They're position is to, in some circumstances, actually increase the allowable flying time per day.

First these nitwits cave on scope and damage other unions, but now they want to actually decrease safety. Simply un-f'ing believable.

Word on the street, Prater is grooming Moak as a replacement. Moak has sold us out at DALPA and will do the same at national. Let's keep this stooge out!

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5

Huh? So where did you dream up this nugget??

samballs

Total Time
Word on the street, Prater is grooming Moak as a replacement. Moak has sold us out at DALPA and will do the same at national. Let's keep this stooge out!
Seems right, Moak is one of the few that could screw things up more than Prater.

becket

Total Time
Prater is a COWARD. He talks big but when the rubber meets the road he folds like a little bit***. Anybody would be better than that mustachioed pansy.

turbodriver

Total Time
enough
It's official

ALPA and the idiots who are actually advocating this are full of $hit.

Down with ALPA....

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
Word on the street, Prater is grooming Moak as a replacement.

You need better sources. Moak is probably going to run, but certainly not as Prater's chosen successor.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
Heard on FOX today this passed. True? any details?

It passed the House, but it still needs to go to the Senate, and any differences between the two bills will have to be resolved in conference. It may be finished before the end of the year.