Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jurassic Jet said:
Was a pretty cool video.

However, I certainly would not have wanted my face to be shown in it especially if I was the PIC.

Is that video camera on the list of approved "Portable Electronic Devices" that can be operated below 10'000?

Wonder what the feds think of the Captain filming the takeoff....especially if an abort was called for?

Hmmmm... I would guess to think the entire idea of turning off electronic devices was implemented so that people's attention would not be distracted in an event of an emergency. (a poor attempt by the wonderful FAA) I'm sure the person up front would know the correct procedures and not of a moron seated in back that doesn't have a clue why these rules are made.

We have a list of devices for all phases of flight in the Legacy.

Here is an excerpt:

UNINTENTIONAL EMITTERS
Electronic devices which emit electromagnetic energy as a by-product of their operation belong to this class. Examples of unintentional emitters include:

- Portable computers.
- Electronic agendas.
- CD, DVD, Minidisk and tape players/recorders.
- Video cameras.
- FM/AM radios.
- Electronic toys.
- Photographic and digital cameras.
- Electric shavers.
- GPS units.
- Portable TVs.

With regard to this category of PED’s, the operation of unintentional emitters on board EMB-145, ERJ-140 and EMB-135 airplanes is left at the operator’s discretion. However, Embraer
recommends that the use of such devices should be prohibited during critical phases of flight or below 10000 feet above ground level (AGL).

PILOT'S DISCRETION. PERIOD.

Great job.

Now I can give my non-pilot friends some idea why we do this job. No matter how little or how much we get payed we still got the best office view of anyone, and the view is ever changing.

BenderGonzales said:
I still think that the CRJ is the biggest piece of bovine-fecal matter i've ever flown --- but I have to admit that was a really nice looking video.

Almost made me wish I was still flying for the airlines. Almost.

Dude, something tells me you haven't flown an airbus.

Trijet

lol...nope you're right. I haven't. Don't tell me its a bigger POS than a CRJ???

by the way to the guy who said the following:

"please dub in some heavier sh!t like Metallica, Korn, Godsmack, Limpbizkit, Slipknot, Linkin Park, etc...."

Could you maybe do a favor and pick some classic rock so that those of us who were born BEFORE 1985 might recognize some of it too?

Last edited:
LegacyDriver said:
We have a list of devices for all phases of flight in the Legacy.

Here is an excerpt:

UNINTENTIONAL EMITTERS
Electronic devices which emit electromagnetic energy as a by-product of their operation belong to this class. Examples of unintentional emitters include:

- Electronic toys.

With regard to this category of PED’s, the operation of unintentional emitters on board EMB-145, ERJ-140 and EMB-135 airplanes is left at the operator’s discretion. However, Embraer
recommends that the use of such devices should be prohibited during critical phases of flight or below 10000 feet above ground level (AGL).

PILOT'S DISCRETION. PERIOD.

I know a lot of Legacy pilots and most have self-esteem issues, hence, they all have limited success with those of the opposite sex. My point being, there is no way in he!! your going to keep a Legacy pilots vibrator away from him/her on long flights! We all just hope they wait until they are through 10,000 before they "whip" them out.

Ummm, maybe somebody didnt like thought of that video making the rounds..My guess is someone in SGU maybe caught wind of that and wasnt too impressed with someone filming when they should have been flying the airplane..

Just a guess...

Latest resources

Back