• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with with you here 100%! I would only add that when evaluating the agreement I have to ask the same question regarding myself & family, that's all. I wish this thing was done yesterday too. That's why I agonized over balancing voting yes and no. In the end, I just couldn't reconcile the seniority loss and impact to my QOL for the next ten years. Understand that I have no ax to grind at all. If the agreement IS ratified, I will not be bitter at all (because that's just not me anyway), I'll salute and paddle just as hard as I can with everyone else.

I agree. Same issue with family and the QOL thing. I am in the same shoes.

15 days for education and 30 days for us to chew it over, talk amongst ourselves and vote.

Hey, everyone knew the timeline going in. SWAPA was done with this almost 3 weeks ago and ALPA and SWAPA agreed to follow the same timeline.

Didn't happen.

Gup

What's the rush, Gup? You're not turning into "Grump" on us, are ya? ;)

Logically, it takes a lot more work for the team that has to negotiate all of the changes required in order to transition from their present CBA to the existing (SWAPA) CBA.

Work Rules, Domiciles, Vacation, Retirement, Sick Bank, Rigs, Training, Bidding, etc. all require transition language.

There were four documents that comprise the SIA, all of which had to be approved by legal, both in-house and at National, since they also have to sign off on it.

Between you and me, I don't think they took enough time. I think these documents will be the cause of a lot of misunderstanding and frustration. There isn't even a "Definitions" section.

Last edited:
Gup, talk about "running out the clock" . . your election cycle requires 45 days. . . . for what?

Do you guys have to make landfall in your yachts in the Baja, then undertake the hazardous overland journey to DAL (with an obligatory stop at the Alamo) chisel your stone tablet, and cast your vote in person?

We vote on-line . . .Our last election closed in 15 days. Get with the 90's, would ya? ;)

I hate to say this but i agree with ty ug. i am sure if we wanted to reduce the vote time we would need a vote for that which would take 45 day :)

Why do you put out propaganda that you know its not true. neither side has anything to give and I know you know better

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What BS again! The SLI is totally negotiable. If you don't want to do it, let an arbitrator do it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL,

We have Process Agreement IAW M/B and if it ends up in arbie, AGM "fair and equitable" precedent will apply...we are still in the negotiation stages and there has been ALPA/SWA negotiations taking place...without SWAPA...so don't worry, the SWA pilots will not be able to pull a fast one on the AAI pilots...just curious what "give" do you see from either side at this stage? After all the MC/NC did reach, in good faith, an AIP? Or are you just stirring the pot for entertainment value?

Can the MEC send the AIP to the membership for a vote with a NO recommendation??

Yes or decide to not add a recommendation to the package.

Either way there is a reason for membership ratification. With something this big, it would certainly behoove the airtran MEC to allow it's pilots to determine their collective fate; otherwise it is another twa. We all know how well that worked out for that mec.

Gup, talk about "running out the clock" . . your election cycle requires 45 days. . . . for what?

Do you guys have to make landfall in your yachts in the Baja, then undertake the hazardous overland journey to DAL (with an obligatory stop at the Alamo) chisel your stone tablet, and cast your vote in person?

We vote on-line . . .Our last election closed in 15 days. Get with the 90's, would ya? ;)

This would have been much better for all of us had both mec/bods agreed and kept the agreement to hold the meetings at the same time with results published at the same time. The voting window could have closed at the same time.

This doesn't look good and doesn't seem or appear to be bargaining in good faith. I'll agree the Swapa window is big but it is what it is. This has been handled poorly and that's very hard to disagree with.

Latest resources

Back