• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This debate will change because SWA has violated the SWAPA CBA by negotiating payrates with future SWAPA pilots which is in violation with section 1 of our CBA. We could be back at day one of negotiations.....

Not sure what female your talking about . Maybe your reference is a female at AT.
Nope. It was Southwest.

I'm pretty sure her suit got tossed
Could be... last I heard the story it was still in-progress, but that was a year or so ago. The point isn't that her position has anything to do with this SLI, but that, in general, DFR suits are very real.

You seem to get your facts wrong a lot I have noticed .
Opinions vary. ;)

SWAPA doesn't control the 717 rates. SWA does, and they want a negotiated settlement. Anything less and I don't think the company will want to negotiate higher rates.
Possibly, but I don't think the company will want 717 pilots bailing off the airplane as soon as they can (that gets really pricey), and trying to implement seat locks that are any different than Southwest pilots on incoming pilots who have never had a training event at Southwest might be hard to pull off. Could be wrong, just my opinion.

This debate will change because SWA has violated the SWAPA CBA by negotiating payrates with future SWAPA pilots which is in violation with section 1 of our CBA. We could be back at day one of negotiations.....
Interesting... If that happened, the Process Agreement timeline would probably just put us straight into arbitration.

Nope. It was Southwest.

Could be... last I heard the story it was still in-progress, but that was a year or so ago. The point isn't that her position has anything to do with this SLI, but that, in general, DFR suits are very real.

Opinions vary. ;)

There are lots of law suits, most are frivolous. I also believe SWAPA has something now that states, if a member files suit against them , SWAPA can and will go after them for SWAPA expenses if plaintiff does not win .

There are lots of law suits, most are frivolous. I also believe SWAPA has something now that states, if a member files suit against them , SWAPA can and will go after them for SWAPA expenses if plaintiff does not win .

Why are there "lots" of lawsuits? In whose opinion are they frivolous?

That would suck to have to work sooo hard, make allll kinds of sacrifices, buy a type, and possibly go through multiple interviews (all TIC), just to have to sue your own union.

The good news is that by voting it down at the MEC level there's time to return to the table for mediation (there won't be if it goes to vote and dies at pilot vote). If SWAPA and SWA are willing to move towards a passable agreement, then we can still avoid arbitration. I don't know if that's a realistic possibility, but I still hope it can happen.

Your MEC votes no - SWAPA will use the remaining time preparing for arbitration. Your guys have run out the clock doing whatever it is they needed to do for the past almost 3 weeks.

Gup

Last edited:
Thats understandable. We need to get this done to grow. But no SWA person should be harmed more than needed to be.

I agree with with you here 100%! I would only add that when evaluating the agreement I have to ask the same question regarding myself & family, that's all. I wish this thing was done yesterday too. That's why I agonized over balancing voting yes and no. In the end, I just couldn't reconcile the seniority loss and impact to my QOL for the next ten years. Understand that I have no ax to grind at all. If the agreement IS ratified, I will not be bitter at all (because that's just not me anyway), I'll salute and paddle just as hard as I can with everyone else.

I could go on

The good news is that by voting it down at the MEC level there's time to return to the table for mediation (there won't be if it goes to vote and dies at pilot vote). If SWAPA and SWA are willing to move towards a passable agreement, then we can still avoid arbitration. I don't know if that's a realistic possibility, but I still hope it can happen.

Why do you put out propaganda that you know its not true. neither side has anything to give and I know you know better

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Your MEC votes no - SWAPA will use the remaining time preparing for arbitration. Your guys have run out the clock doing whatever it is they needed to do for the past almost 3 weeks.

Gup

Gup, talk about "running out the clock" . . your election cycle requires 45 days. . . . for what?

Do you guys have to make landfall in your yachts in the Baja, then undertake the hazardous overland journey to DAL (with an obligatory stop at the Alamo) chisel your stone tablet, and cast your vote in person?

We vote on-line . . .Our last election closed in 15 days. Get with the 90's, would ya? ;)

15 days for education and 30 days for us to chew it over, talk amongst ourselves and vote.

Hey, everyone knew the timeline going in. SWAPA was done with this almost 3 weeks ago and ALPA and SWAPA agreed to follow the same timeline.

Didn't happen.

Gup

Latest resources

Back