Fighter Pilot Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerous!

You're STILL DANGEROUS, instructor dude! I would love to have some jackoff like you to play with if I were an instructor-you are the kind of person really funny stories are made of-in other words-a moron!

-I personally don't think you are a pilot-I think you are just here making idiotic posts to stir up trouble-and humor.....

Since you have substantial flight experience you will probably do quite well in pilot training on one condition. The first time you drive through the gate at your UPT base, forget everything you know about flying. Forget all your experiences. Forget all the airplanes you have flown in the past.

Take the attitude that you are a total beginner. Internalize the concept that your IPs have the knowlege you want and need, adapt your learning techniques to their teaching techniques. Think of yourself as younger than your instructors, younger than all your classmates, younger than the A1C in the admin office.

Never speak of your prior flying, gpa, college major, or anything like that unless asked directly. Even if asked, give a short honest answer and then shut up and listen.

Forget about fighters until you are asked for a track select peference. Think only about the T-6 or T-37 that you are flying. No other airplanes should exist for you.

By adopting a beginner's mind approach to military training your prior experience will give you a huge advantange. The less you think about your past experience, the more that experience will integrate with and assist you in learning to fly the Air Force way, and learning how you fit into the Air Force culture.

If your prior experience is in your conscious mind it will interfere with learning to become an Air Force officer/pilot. You don't want voices from the past competing with the voices of your IPs and your peers. In some case a student's past voices drown out what the Air Force wants to teach, leading to humiliation, defeat, and disaster.

This advice is "spot on"...read it over and over and over...then live it daily.

Latest resources

Back