Fighter Pilot Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gorilla said:
I'm hoping you're not actually the troll/tool you're seen to be in the Delta TA thread. Otherwise you've wasted a lot of time and some excellent, heart-felt advice from these experienced aviators, just to prop up your persona as a young time-building pilot.

Thanks Gorilla. I wish I'd seen this guy's act on the other thread before I wasted my time.

If you're actually are a pre-college ROTC wannabe, here's some new advice. IF you end up in UPT and still want to fly the F-16, make sure you tell everyone in your class and all your instructors that on a daily basis. Try to get as many former F-16 pilots as instructors and when you tell them you want to fly the F-16, call it the "Fighting Falcon" like you do in your posts. Get a personalized license plate that says something like “20MM” or “FTRPLT” and wears your sunglasses at all times (even in the O-club).
That should take care of everything.
Now get a life.

Oh, also - plan on missing the day they teach T-38 air conditioning systems class. That should make for a fun day.

AdlerDriver said:
Thanks Gorilla. I wish I'd seen this guy's act on the other thread before I wasted my time.

If you're actually are a pre-college ROTC wannabe, here's some new advice. IF you end up in UPT and still want to fly the F-16, make sure you tell everyone in your class and all your instructors that on a daily basis. Try to get as many former F-16 pilots as instructors and when you tell them you want to fly the F-16, call it the "Fighting Falcon" like you do in your posts. Get a personalized license plate that says something like “20MM” or “FTRPLT” and wears your sunglasses at all times (even in the O-club).
That should take care of everything.
Now get a life.

hahahahaha..best post ever!

IP-dude: JimNTexas is right on. Additionally, when I went through ROTC, having a technical major (comp sci, engineering) was an advantage when weighed against a non-technical major (business, geography).
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that you're just kind of young, excited and new to the whole industry. But watch what you post here: as you can see, you can stir up some folks.

AdlerDriver said:
Oh, also - plan on missing the day they teach T-38 air conditioning systems class. That should make for a fun day.

^Funniest thing I've seen here for weeks. Nice one.

Deuce130 said:
Here's a post from another thead by Instructordude. Sounds like he can't wait to become a viper driver! I'm sure he'll make a good asset to the community. At least until he gets his hours.

Sorry for making everybody mad. I meant that 159,000 is a nice salary and that I would be happy making half that, not as a Delta guy though. I make around 16,000 now and live with my folks, half that salary sounds pretty nice. I am going to go into ROTC and try and get my hours in the military, preferably in a F-16 Fighting Falcon. Hopefully by the time I get out, the industry will have changed and I'll slide into the majors.

C'mon, dude, we don't want this fuc*. Besides, we don't do PFT in the military.

If he was honestly looking for fighter advice he wouldn't have that cool picture in his profile.

Too bad several well intentioned folks are a few strokes closer to carpal tunnel trying to help out this guy.
Maybe someone other than capt flamebait will find it usefull.

From a FDX thread...
Quote:
Originally posted by Instructordude
How many newhires get the caravan?? It looks like a really fun plane to fly. Where I instruct I have seen several FedEx caravans fly in at night but i didn't have the courage to go talk to them.

USNFDX said:
Quote:
None....It goes way senior.

Instructordude said:
Stupid question I should have figured it goes to the senior guys. Those guys did look pretty young though for being FedEx captains. Must a got lucky or probably new somebody high up in management. Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
There is a special way to get the 'van but you have to go through some rigourous tests. The union and the company have a special loa that allows them to put these special tests in place for the van. They pay the same as an arbus or whatever your senority number can hold.

My buddy flies the van. He says it's a heck of a lot better than the MD-11.

instructordude said:
A lot more hand flying for sure and being pilots thats what we love. FLYING!! I am sure the reqs are steeper due to the proficiency required. Good luck to your friend and congrats for living the dream!!!
A lot more hand flying for sure and being pilots thats what we love. FLYING!! I am sure the reqs are steeper due to the proficiency required. Good luck to your friend and congrats for living the dream!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I forgot to mention he gets a special overide pay for loading the freight himself. So probably in the end he makes more money than an md11 pilot since they don't load the freight.

He says it's hard work but the pay is great and he really enjoys that single engine ifr.

instructordude said:
That's great they reward him with the overide pay for unloading the plane. I'm sure the MD-11 guys are jealous over the pay and all the hand flying the Caravan dudes get. I bet there is some rivalry between the two groups. On one hand you have the MD-11 guys doing the glamorous international flying into exotic places. In the caravan camp you probably have the best pilots who actually get to see and feel the product (Unloading/loading plane) plus getting the satisfaction of seeing the product go to its final destination. Two different worlds, each rewarding in itself.

Last edited:
BonesF15 said:
If he was honestly looking for fighter advice he wouldn't have that cool picture in his profile.

Well, it is a picture of himself in his underwear....sans shirt. So now we know that he wants to be an Eagle Driver...

...says the FAIP. haha j/k.

Fury220 said:
Well, it is a picture of himself in his underwear....sans shirt. So now we know that he wants to be an Eagle Driver...

...says the FAIP. haha j/k.

Ahhh Fury, I was about to unleash my scathing collection of FAIP jokes and stories. You are hereby reprieved due to the j/k addendum to your post! ;)

Latest resources

Back