any of the operating controls. This includes the
hammer, slide release, magazine release lever,
and most importantly the control lever and the
trigger
. The design of the holster must also not
actuate these controls when the pistol is carried in,
drawn from, or returned to the holster.

The HK manual would seem to differ.

I don't recall the old holster doing any of these things. DeSantis makes a decent rig, even with the government mod. It was better.

I don't recall the old holster doing any of these things. DeSantis makes a decent rig, even with the government mod. It was better.

Except that the lock was inserted behind the trigger - CONTACTING the trigger. Not only does lock contact the trigger, user inserts the lock WITHOUT the trigger even being visible.

It also goes to reason that the more you #$%# with the weapon, the greater likelihood of a ND. My personal carry rig gets put on only once per day and only gets taken off once. I have yet to even have a close call on a ND, nor have I mislaid it, or had it stolen.

Except that the lock was inserted behind the trigger - CONTACTING the trigger. Not only does lock contact the trigger, user inserts the lock WITHOUT the trigger even being visible.

It also goes to reason that the more you #$%# with the weapon, the greater likelihood of a ND. My personal carry rig gets put on only once per day and only gets taken off once. I have yet to even have a close call on a ND, nor have I mislaid it, or had it stolen.

I'd post a pic...but they took that holster back. Let me lay out the basic points.

1. The HOLSTER does not come in contact with the trigger.
2. The LOCK (when used properly) does not come in contact w/ trigger.
3. The TRIGGER IS visible when inserting the lock...if you take time to look.
4. If SOP is followed (snap retention strap before locking) there is NO WAY to insert lock hasp in front of trigger.
5. I totally agree that the more you F with your rig, the more chance to F it up. Portal to Portal carry (wont ever happen, but I wish for hot, slutty F/A's too) would go a long way to solving the problem.

6. This is a big one. The abortion of a NDB that is issued now will cause many FFDO's to leave home WITHOUT the weapon.

Just my 2 cents.

ka

Latest resources

Back