FFDO Federal Flight Deck Officer......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

Can anyone shed light on a website that will give me the directions to this place in New Mexico? Thank you!

How was it?

I brought way too much clothes. They provide uniforms and they have a FREE laundry facility. If I could do it again I would just bring enough socks and underwear to get through half the training. Some essentials you will need are sunblock, sneakers, sunglasses and rattlesnake repellant. ;)

Have fun!

Where are the requirements for FFDO's? Our school is considering offering an extra few credits for this training.

Jack

Tsa Ffdo

To be eligible to volunteer for and participate in the Federal Flight Deck Eligibility program you must:
  • Have a current FAA Airman's certificate.
  • Have a current Class 1 or Class 2 medical certificate.
  • Be a U.S. citizen.
Be an eligible flightcrew member flying for an eligible passenger or cargo air carrier:

• For passenger flightcrew members, you must currently be employed by a passenger air carrier or private charter company operated under 49 CFR part 1544 (i.e. passengers are screened by TSA).
  • For cargo flightcrew members, you must currently be employed by a cargo air carrier operating aircraft with a gross takeoff weight in excess of 100,000 pounds (45,500 kilograms, or 100,309.8 lbs) and serve as a flightcrew member for aircrafts of that weight.
This link will gove you all the information you may need.

https://www.tsatesting.net/ffdo/

jackotron said:
Where are the requirements for FFDO's? Our school is considering offering an extra few credits for this training.

Jack

How exactly do they plan on pulling that off?

Nova said:
How exactly do they plan on pulling that off?
I'm not sure what you are saying. That was the question that I was asking. How do we pull that off? Can we pull that off? Is it even worth bothering?

Jack

Simply put, No.

Be an eligible flightcrew member flying for an eligible passenger or cargo air carrier:
  • For passenger flightcrew members, you must currently be employed by a passenger air carrier or private charter company operated under 49 CFR part 1544 (i.e. passengers are screened by TSA).
  • For cargo flightcrew members, you must currently be employed by a cargo air carrier operating aircraft with a gross takeoff weight in excess of 100,000 pounds (45,500 kilograms, or 100,309.8 lbs) and serve as a flightcrew member for aircrafts of that weight.

Latest resources

Back