FFDO Federal Flight Deck Officer......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly_Chick said:
Don't forget to try the "Alien Beer" courtesy of Area 54 on your evening jaunts into ROW.
yea, but the bad part of having "alien beer", is that them bastages never let you remember it. Not so much as a hangover.

njcapt said:
Neat story, but if anybody tries to get into MY flight deck I'm putting three into his ten ring. Hopefully, all in the same entrance wound.
If anybody tries to get into my flight deck, I'm handing him/her the David Clarks and the keys, winter is coming!

Unfortunatly Alien Beer is not twist off, so TSA prevents you from enjoying it immediately, have to stop at the front desk of the hotel (and if you happen to pass by the Holiday Inn in Roswell send my best to Holly - the hotel cat) yet after FFDO, you can enjoy it...

Fly_Chick said:
Unfortunatly Alien Beer is not twist off, so TSA prevents you from enjoying it immediately, have to stop at the front desk of the hotel (and if you happen to pass by the Holiday Inn in Roswell send my best to Holly - the hotel cat) yet after FFDO, you can enjoy it...
Hotels have cats?

ultrarunner said:
If you had the right kind of door, you wouldn't need that gun.

And I'm not sorry I won't be sitting next to you when you try to grab that weapon and it accidentially discharges.....

...but naturally not because of your lack of experience in weapon retention skills...

No thanks.

A door has to be open sometimes, and no door will keep a determined bad guy out indefinatly. And the chance of an accidental discharge from the type of weapon carried is probably about 1 in 1,000,000. And as far as weapon retention, it is covered, in detail, with many hours spent practicing. In fact, I'd love for you to try to take mine, i bet you'd end up with a broken arm.

You know, if you don't like the FFDO program, then don't apply for it. For those who do, how about giving them a little respect for the time and effort that they VOLUNTEERED? You think it is fun having to deal with the relulations that the FFDO's have to deal with? Grow up.

atrdriver said:
A door has to be open sometimes, and no door will keep a determined bad guy out indefinatly. And the chance of an accidental discharge from the type of weapon carried is probably about 1 in 1,000,000. And as far as weapon retention, it is covered, in detail, with many hours spent practicing. In fact, I'd love for you to try to take mine, i bet you'd end up with a broken arm.

You know, if you don't like the FFDO program, then don't apply for it. For those who do, how about giving them a little respect for the time and effort that they VOLUNTEERED? You think it is fun having to deal with the relulations that the FFDO's have to deal with? Grow up.

Exactly...

Some people just don't seem to understand, the door is not perfect and must be opened on occasion. When it is opened I want the good guys to have a gun.

hey defender

(if I perceive they have intent, opportunity and ability of course). Not sure how much you can train to retain the weapon, but it is covered before they turn you loose from FTETC.

Intent, opportunity, capability.....you must have been a defender of the fort ???

anyway, I was inthe back galley of an A320, when I witnessed an elderly man open the cockpit door (in cruise), I alerted the FA who sheepishly admitted that she may have not properly closed the flight deck door.

anyway, he ended up closing the door, executed a left face, and entered the first class lav.

SO yes, the flight deck may inadvertently be opened by unauthorized personnel while inflight

and yes the possibility exists that the wrong person may be shot.

take care all.....

Defensor Fortis!

Latest resources

Back