Fexjet Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gipper6 said:
Oh, and by the way, did anyone really believe FlexJet would raise the bar for us? This is called sodomy and we are on the recieving end. I at least thought they could come up with a better excuse that friggin FA pay. I'm so mad I can't stand it. Show some solidarity guys - it time to nut up.

Like Necro said........... Ground their jets and they will get the message.
What you guys at flex fail to realize is that you gave mangement all the power. When you choose to take the power back from them, then you will get somewhere, until that time, all you are going hear is excuses. They have a whole pile of those....

I always said I would never be at a company that had a union. I now think one should never say never....

twincessna said:
I always said I would never be at a company that had a union. I now think one should never say never....

We know that good contracts build strong communities. When we win a battle - like the 11-week strike against Pepsi at Local 792 - it benefits not just the members who walked the picket line, but their neighbors and community.

It also benefits our children and our grandchildren. We are teaching our children that standing up for what is right is necessary. In fact, it is our duty as citizens to fight for dignity and respect.

There are many people who balk at the fight. They hide and place their confidence in the hands of employers. Management preys on this weakness by distributing promises like candy during organizing drives and quickly reneging if the workers lose the election. But management must be held accountable. As Teamsters we stand up and tackle the challenges that imperil working families.

--James P Hoffa--

Buy and Read: Confessions of a Union Buster

Pilots crack me up. Too good to consider themselves labor. You are better than a trucker, a mechanic, a hotel worker....

Really? Management doesn't think so. If you want to know how management feels about you ... LOOK AT YOUR PAYCHECK.

Last edited:
actually i do consider myself better than a trucker, mechanic or hotel worker. I got a CDL by paying the right amount on my check and having that clear. A mechanic can be trained by little or no expense. And a hotel worker... well it's a hotel worker.

I am a professional who needs union representation to make sure that one voice is heard from the pilot group. I have a skill, that has taken years to hone and make sure that i am at the top of my game. Is a doctor considered elitest when they decide to put MD by there name? No they are the same Type A personalities that we are. Except they know their self worth. They aren't doing it for the love of the job.

Gunfyter-

Very very true.

What are you doing up so late?

D

cosmotheassman said:
No offense taken at all. I've never worked at a company that missed so many "promised" deadlines. I'm open to anything at this point because D.G.'s excuse for next weeks meeting is absolutely pathetic and sent me over the fence. I feel I've been open-minded and patient and for what? postponement? BS. I bet you there will be ALOT of friction from here on out from everyone.

Hey Cosmo I have a question: When were you hired at LXJ? Didn't you write in a thread earlier this year that you just got hired? Sorry if I have you confused with someone else.

Please advise

To: Cosmo, Necro, or Whomever....
I am considering applying to FlexJet. From what I am reading it sounds like you folks are in the midst of a union fight( I am SO perceptive...lol) Anyway, would someone please PM me and give me some of the skinny as far as the overall situation and if Flex is a good company that needs tweaking or another company that bones its employees and just doesn't care. Having been part of a recent union fight I am aware of the rhetoric so please "just the facts"if I may be so bold. Thanx in advance for your candor....

Latest resources

Back