• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEX written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a ASA 1999 FE prep book and have been studying it. Does anyone know if the questions are changed much? I noticed the current ASA FE book was published in 2006.

I recently had to study the ATP written for an interview. I had a 98 Gleim and somebody gave me an 09 Gleim and it was probably 99% identical.

I called ASA about the FEw updates and they said "we only provide updates for 2 years after, you need to buy a brand new one." (Shocker)

If anyone has seen the current FEw being published AND the one from the late 90s, and can shed some light on the differences, it would be much appreciated.

Yeah, I already know I'm a tight wad. I just have a feeling I'll buy this new ASA book and it is completely the same as my 99.

Thanks

more like wine-o tight wad...

A little less suds and Skyline and you'd be rollin in dough. Screw their test...who's drivin to Greco's?

A few things on the FEX if you have not thought of them already:
1. You can go on the faa web site, go to airmen certification and then search for FEX STUDY GUIDE and it will give you several options including several sample test. I used this a long time ago, before the web based training sites, studied the book and the test and passed it with no problem.
2. Unless the have changed the rules, the written was good indefintely, as long as you were employed by a Part 121 carrier. That may have changed though.
3. Also on the FAA web site at the top go over to training and testing, lots of free stuff there for prep on many things.
This may not work for all to use this type of approach??

Read it again

BTW: Per the FedEx site:

"Q: Must I have successfully completed my Flight Engineer written exam in order to work for FedEx?
A: If you do not already posses a Flight Engineer Turbojet certificate, you must have a valid and current Flight Engineer written exam prior to starting training as a FedEx crewmember. You may have either the combined exam (FEX) or the separate Basic Turbojet exam (FEB FEJ)

THIS IS INCORRECT! Copied and pasted from

https://fedex.pilotcredentials.com/index.php?a=questions

Questions
Q: Must I have successfully completed my Flight Engineer written exam in order to work for FedEx?
A: If you do not already posses a Flight Engineer Turbojet certificate, you must have a valid and current Flight Engineer written exam inorder to complete your expression of interest for a pilot position at FedEx Express. You may have either the combined exam (FEX) or the separate Basic Turbojet exam (FEB FEJ).

I have a ASA 1999 FE prep book and have been studying it. Does anyone know if the questions are changed much? I noticed the current ASA FE book was published in 2006.

Well I just studied from my old 2005 ASA book and scored 100% on the FEX. I recognized every question. I get the distinct impression that there's "nothing new under the sun" and that the Feds aren't investing any effort in a nearly defunct rating.

Toob: It's only a $140 written (choke) a $75 app fee (gasp) and $90 for an early 1st class medical. Easiest application ever, lol.

sheppardair.com
period. I spent 4 hours studying, finished the test in 5 minutes with a 96%.

It's like any FAA written, testing center. Price (of the test) is now $150 too.

Latest resources

Back