• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
High Five!

Probably a couple high fives being thrown around the AOC today...:beer:

Last edited:
This is great news, I think the A380 has been pushed on a market not ready for it, and the constant "six sigma" problems its having prove that.

Glad to see an American product getting used. I think that Airbus may have sparked a flame under Boeing some years ago to step up and compete.

As for the A380, I am sure this does not sit well. Cancellations like this make others take a second look as well.

I'm excited for FedEx, they are looking for the angle to stay competitive and I doubt they got their "down Payment" back from Airbus, but still, a willingness to admit defeat in the face of potential failure is a mark of good business.

I am sure this decision came from the Mechanical Engineers that were working on the A380 project as liaisons to FedEx. They probably handed Fred the the last of many bad news reports and Fred said, ENOUGH F*&K UM!

Mark

I bet that we still get the A380 years down the road after it has flown more and airbus has worked out the problems, making it more of a know, instead of an unknown.

I'm betting that the freighter version will NEVER be built. Airbus has a serious cash flow problem now and if they are not careful this A380 project could kill the company.

... this A380 project could kill the company.

It's a big horse that IS dying. Fred was one of the first to shoot in an attempt to put this beast out of its misery. More will follow and that will be that!

:beer:

I'll drink to that

Donger

It's a big horse that IS dying. Fred was one of the first to shoot in an attempt to put this beast out of its misery. More will follow and that will be that!

:beer:

I'll drink to that

Donger

Exactly. Many A380 buyers such as Virgin and Emirates have been sweatin' this thing for a while. Now that FedEx has pulled out, I wouldn't be suprised to see others bailing soon too.

Airbus is going to have to start making some pretty sweet deals to pacify their customers on this whale. I see something like the Frank Borman A300 deal in the works.

I'm betting that the freighter version will NEVER be built. Airbus has a serious cash flow problem now and if they are not careful this A380 project could kill the company.

Which company?

Some governments might have to lob some more money their direction, but I don't think the companies will go away.

Great news for Boeing and FedEx, and dare I say, AMERICA.

FJ

Exactly. Many A380 buyers such as Virgin and Emirates have been sweatin' this thing for a while. Now that FedEx has pulled out, I wouldn't be suprised to see others bailing soon too.

Airbus is going to have to start making some pretty sweet deals to pacify their customers on this whale. I see something like the Frank Borman A300 deal in the works.

Good show on knowing your history. I had not thought of that, but I would speculate that if things get tough for Airbus, they will have a blowout sale on 20-30 to raise some capitol to get the A380 to produce fruit.

Latest resources

Back