• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEX EX Cancels A-380

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet that we still get the A380 years down the road after it has flown more and airbus has worked out the problems, making it more of a know, instead of an unknown.
After all, Fedex was working with airbus from the very beginning of the project, so this airplane, once completely hashed out, will be in a league of it's own as far as lift capability for Fedex.
I think this order cancellation is great, we get 777Fs, and will pay less for eventually for the A380. Just my thoughts.

I guess that would make you a "prophet." This is definately good news for Fedex:beer:. I heard this "rumor" over a month ago on the crew bus. I guess that means everything one hears on the crew bus must be true?

Well, I don't know about being a "prophet", but I had to gloat a little bit somewhere. I mean, I'm right so rarely that when I am, I need to stand up and shout. And I believe it's spelled "profit".

And since the 777's are smaller, requiring more pilots to haul the freight, perhaps more pilot hiring. That would be a good thing.

Well, I don't know about being a "prophet", but I had to gloat a little bit somewhere. I mean, I'm right so rarely that when I am, I need to stand up and shout. And I believe it's spelled "profit".

Nice job on the prediction there VaB.........now how does Arkansas -5 look against Tennessee this weekend????

Nice Jet

Wonder if the construction in Memphis will be halted or we will use the A380 ramp for the 777. This is a nice jet......glad we are buying American. I love my job.

The A380 could be a nice airplane, but if the middle east goes forward with deregulation, the A380 may be a dead stick overall. Good idea, just the economics of it are not doable at this time.

It would be spelled "profit" if you made money as a result of your A380 prophecy.

Latest resources

Back