Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(o) (o) said:
Hi Spooky,

I have been flying the NOPAC for about 3 years now on regular basis and I have not seen a thing except clouds down there!!

Is it really scenic?? (serious question)

Thanks

Agree that it is mostly cloudy, but occasionally you will have one of those Blue Bird days and it is spectacular. Volcanos, deep fiords and bays and green mountains with good size rivers. Again, no place for the pilot who has not been indoctrinated to that part of the world. I always wanted to put down on some of these remote WW11 airfields and scout around but probably will never get the chance now. Good book to read is called The 1000 Mile War. Covers a lot of history from the tip of the Aleutian Islands to Kodiak Island during WW11. BTW if you are a NWA pilot there is also a great story about a NWA crew putting a DC4 into Dutch Harbor during the Korean War. Unbelieveable airmanship.

this time of year the east india, bangladesh, bay of bengal area is ripe with monsoon thunderstorms...fall or winter time the weather is brilliant and some very nice views...

Simon Says said:
I am surprised not to find NW Pilot posting on this thread. In fact I was looking for it to enjoy some flame baiting.
Yep, same here... I'm wondering when he'll chime in and say "Looks easy, I'll do it. I'm a ferry pilot. It'll be neat-o!"

Latest resources

Back