• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Feels good to be profitable again!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now operations make a profit also so hopefully the sales team will continue to do a good job and pilots will be back sooner than they thought.

We'll only be back if they order some new aircraft. Getting rid of over 100 aircraft isn't going to bring anyone back within the next 5 years.

We'll only be back if they order some new aircraft. Getting rid of over 100 aircraft isn't going to bring anyone back within the next 5 years.

We did not get rid of many at all. We bought back a bunch, which will only add to our profits when we sell them, either in shares or after market sales. We only reduced a little over 20 a/c from our peak of over 500 in 2008 in all of NJ North America through attrition. We do have a number of fleets in disposal, which is normal from time to time. Remember the CE 650, Citation II, and Hawker 1000?

Dassault talks about Netjets in this week's AW&ST. Although we cancelled order book positions after 2014, they expect, after discussions with DS, to see those orders restored when recovery hits full steam. Dassault officials signaled they are not overly concerned about those cancelations.

I know this doesn't help the furloughed pilots in the short term, but there are more and more indicators of market improvements. Increasing sales, demand, and reduction in waste will bring those folks back sooner rather than later.

Netjets has actually gained customer shares in Aircraft in the first qtr.

Things are turning around in sales.

Are there REALLY NJ pilots who are willing to wait YEARS and still come back?

That will depend on whether I get sold out or not. They way I see it, I'm looking at 10+ years to get a recall given current events and attrition. Both are always subject to change of course so my guess could go up or down.

I can tell you this much.. I love my wife, but if she went to prison, I doubt I'd wait that long to wet the carrot again.

Are there REALLY NJ pilots who are willing to wait YEARS and still come back?

It depends on what I find between now and a recall. I don't know of anyone that is just waiting around for a recall. Everyone I know is looking for a career job and doing what they can to pay the bills. It's not like there are a lot of great jobs out there right now, and there are a lot of very qualified pilots all going after the same jobs.

Netjets has actually gained customer shares in Aircraft in the first qtr.

Things are turning around in sales.

Is this a question or a statement of fact? If fact, where did u hear this? Recurrent, out online? Just curious since we get no indications of what is going on.

Thanks

Also for all the NJA know-it-alls:p...Approximately how many customers/shares or any combination, are we short..Basically if sales outperform expired contracts, how many or at what rate would it take to get maybe the first recall? (I know it's a dumb question!)..

I doubt anyone over at HQ expected to have sales outperform losses so soon. If it's true of course. Say we have some explosive sales months for the next 6-12 months. what is the view then?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back