• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Feeling sorry for the ComAir guys?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You do not possess any feeling toward people losing their livelihood? That really does make you a loser. Sorry pal.

Not at all. When Delta pilots were on furlough, I felt awful. I did everything and anything I could for them. While doing this, I saw the likes of Comair, ASA, Skywest hiring at full steam and not looking back.

Like I said, you calling me a "loser" appeals to an emotion that I don't possess. I'll leave it at that as you can't seem to grasp what my posts are saying. It's the airline industry. Things happen.

Waveflyer summed it up nicely:

I'm not into pity. Or chest thumping on either side. Outsourcing has been awful for ALL pilots and it's a very good thing overall for any of the sjp's to downsize - at least as long as they aren't replaced by another carrier. An airline should employ pilots to fly it's own planes- that ought to be obvious to all regardless of individual situations.

If you're a pilot anywhere and aren't a good saver- -> bad news. We have to save more than the average citizen bc of the difficulty we have in replacing our income - there are always opportunities to come out ahead.

So who should I feel sorry for? Those that didn't pursue other opportunities? Those who didn't save for the rainy day? Those not driven or talented enough to successfully move on?

The cart has been leading the horse for way too long.

The only empathy I have is how convoluted the career decision has been in the last decade- how many moved on who didn't get furloughed? But still- not taking a risk is usually pretty risky itself

This is proof that we aren't a real "union" and we don't really care about anyone other than ourselves.....

The major airlines "sold" this flying for pay and workrules. They could have paid to keep it for themselves, but they "sold it" plain and simple.

Then when that didn't work out, they cry and complained about it.....Now they applaud our fellow CMR pilots losing their jobs....Jobs that the mainline didn't want.....

The hell with this "brotherhood" crap...It is clear that this doesn't exist....

From the president of MEville.

Nothing was sold--hence the quotes in your post. You know it as well as I do. You just can't admit it. The flying was contracted--always ripe to be called back in. Here we are. I've heard that Delta is looking pretty hard at the 195--common type to the 175. Could it be that 70+ flying is coming back to mainline?

This is proof that we aren't a real "union" and we don't really care about anyone other than ourselves.....

The major airlines "sold" this flying for pay and workrules. They could have paid to keep it for themselves, but they "sold it" plain and simple.

Then when that didn't work out, they cry and complained about it.....Now they applaud our fellow CMR pilots losing their jobs....Jobs that the mainline didn't want.....

The hell with this "brotherhood" crap...It is clear that this doesn't exist....

Welcome to Dumpsville. Population....You.

I've heard that Delta is looking pretty hard at the 195--common type to the 175. Could it be that 70+ flying is coming back to mainline?

Since Delta already uses Compass to fly the EMB-170, wouldn't it make sense for Compass to fly the EMB-190 too?

Since Delta already uses Compass to fly the EMB-170, wouldn't it make sense for Compass to fly the EMB-190 too?

Compass ought to be rolled into delta and it's pilots stapled or given basic interviews.

Here's something funny: USAir uses republic to fly E170/175's - and republic captains top out at $126/hr

USAIR mainline flies the E190 -same type as 170/175- and their captains top out at $95/hr

think about that

Compass ought to be rolled into delta and it's pilots stapled or given basic interviews.

Here's something funny: USAir uses republic to fly E170/175's - and republic captains top out at $126/hr

USAIR mainline flies the E190 -same type as 170/175- and their captains top out at $95/hr

think about that

You think that's funny? How about their Airbus rates. Tops out at $125 on 319/320/321. Supposable there will be a ruling on the snapbacks by the end of Sept.

Glad I didn't buy into all that BS from Vern Atrim at Delta Connection Academy when I was in college. anybody could have..but to those who did...sorry/good luck/always be prepared for this..

Last edited:
These are people losing their jobs. A little more compassion should be in order. Delta pilots; if you thought it was wrong that Comair required Delta furloughed pilots to resign their seniority number to joing Comair's list, then it is also wrong for Delta pilots to do that to anyone else (otherwise you are a hypocrite). Fact is, that Comair's policy stated that they required any furloughed pilot to resign their seniority number to join Comair. This was not a pilot thing, but a company requirment (i.e., so Comair didn't train somone just to have them f..off.) This was not a problem for many TWA pilots who go shafted and needed temporary work at Comair.

Now, Delta pilots should encourage Delta to at least offer the same deal to Comair pilots. That is, if you resign your seniority number at Comair, you can join the Delta list. This could be done by preferential interviews, or other avenues. Remember, Comair is owned by Delta, and what happens at Comair could very quickly happen at Delta. Comair and Delta both are represented by ALPA, and the brotherhood of pilots should prevail; not management rhetoric. To revel in someone's misfortune and to give excuses why they as a group are bad is evil.

Good luck to all Comair pilots that may shortly be out of work. Keep your spirits up, and don't accept any concessionary contract if that is what DL mgt. is up to (that's what it smells like). Fact is, Delta likely will use this to bring rates on the 70 and 90 down to what the 50 seat rates were and change the work rules to their liking. They need to replace the DC-9, and if pilots at Delta and each regional do not work together proactively - DC9 flying today will shortly become connection flying and mainline jobs WILL be lost.

... or we could all do nothing and play the blame game while management bends everyone over.

Who's clueless?

twobits <---------------THAT guy!!!

Please don't comment on something you have no clue about.....such as defending JC and his merry bunch of lifers actions. You are no better than being in bed with them so time for you to STFU...

Thanks but before you hail me a hero.....When a CMR guy comes to me looking for a jumpseat I see his date of hire before the date of that memo and I just give him a briefing and show him the seat......end of the conversation.....the minimum is all he gets. If he's hired after that memo, I'll give him my crew meal and carry his bags.......

I appreciate that (12/14/2006 hire).

Latest resources

Back