Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
West Coast Base

Welcome guys!
Anybody left-coasters? The LGB base bid closes 17Sept for 31 Capt's and 31 FO's. Rumor has it the base will get bigger.

Best of luck - Banger

Banger,

How can the LGB base get bigger if LGB can't give anymore slots?(besides tagging more trips out of originating flights from LGB) The city council doesn't want the noise. I know you as an airline are getting bigger, but I can't see the LGB ops getting any bigger without allowing a whole lot more airlines into LGB. Delta probably wants to fly a few 757s out of there to ATL---or make that Song......

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

General

There are many ways to expand a base. When I flew at Delta I believe we had a tri-base at EWR LGA JFK. (don't know if that is still the case with all the RG replacement going on now)
Point is you have to think "out of the box" Something those 4th floor boys don't seem to do very much anymore.

General Lee (and you don't come close to being able to represent that name),

This string was created from a aviator excited to be offered a class at Jetblue. Why do you feel the need to try and lead it in a different direction? Go start your own argument (again). If you're so curious as to the operation of jetBlue, go apply and try to get a job.

Back to the original post; again congradulations dlredline!

(PS, I take it as a compliment that you think Delta/Slong would like to fly out of LGB. Two years ago, you would have laughed at the notion.)

StickN

(PS, I take it as a compliment that you think Delta/Slong would like to fly out of LGB. Two years ago, you would have laughed at the notion.)

OOPS! Sorry about the typo, I meant to write Delta/Song.

Side stick-n,

Well, if you have been on this board for awhile and knew my profile, you would hve known that the name represents the car in the TV show Dukes of Hazard, not the losing General. But thanks for caring.

Your idea that Delta would not have started LGB service two years ago is probably correct, but since you have stimulated traffic in that area so well, I bet more passengers are willing to give LGB a try. Now that is thinking outside the box, isn't it?

And, this is an opinion board and anyone can give an opinion on any thread. If you want only "Jetblue" comments, stick to your company board. Also, you have to admit that those SLONG---I mean SONG 757s look cool--and are filling up. (At all 3 NYC airports) I like your A320s too, by the way.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Dizel8,

It would cost you way too much, and I don't deliver to Yonkers.:D

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
side stickn-

When you and DL fly together, you can both talk about who was your favorite FO to fly with, me! DL's a good guy and will fit in at jetblue.

sayagain?;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back