• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NTSing...former USAir, starts here this month. Ask him for gouge.

Furloughed USAir only at FEDEX

Word is that FedEx is only considering furloughed USAir pilots. All other's are not going to be called. Comes from the inside.

Good Luck to all.

I think the USAir folks are in a categoery by themselves because there have been more than a few hired recently. From what I've gathered over the last several months from talking w/the pilot recruitment dept about buds' applications as well as what I've heard from friends doing the same thing, it is possible to get hired while furloughed but you will need, at a minimum, the following:

1) AT LEAST one rec from a company pilot (probably several).
2) A friend here would have to go talk to the chief pilot and convince him why you should get an interview.
3) Would be absolutely required to give up your seniority number elsewhere, when I don't know, but probaly if/when offered employment (seems pretty unfair to ask for it before)

Again, the USAir guys may be a different animal altogehter.

Not gospel, nor official, just what I've heard & overheard.

Yes they do interview furloughed pilots. I am furloughed from one of the big 4. Had app in way before 9-11. Got interview. Passed Sim; took test. Gouge is good news takes 2-3 wks via phone call; bad news comes in one week via FedEx Truck. Mine came via truck one week to the date!!

I have only heard of USA guys getting hired. As far as I know and don't quote me on this, I think I am about one of the only ones from another major to get the call for an interrview.

I "think" the no furlough clause is correct. They are a great company and I can understand where they are coming from. Am I bummed....hell yeah. I would have resigned my seniority # in a heartbeat to fly for the Purple and Orange!!!

Best of luck to al of you.

Fly Safe!!!

Just interviewed with JetBlue. It seemed all the interviewees were furloughed US Airways, and looking at JB's last 5 months classes that seems to be the same also.

FedEx Interviewing select Furloughees

I concur with the previous posts that indicate the USAirways furloughee's are being interviewed and hired. I talked to the Chief Pilot about a friend that is furloughed from one of the Big 3 and he responded, "Doubtful". Not the news my friend wanted to hear, obviously.

He did say specifically that they were looking at USAirways pilots because "The chance of most of them ever returning to USAirways is remote." FedEx is very cautious of wasting time hiring pilots that might be recalled to their previous carrier.

Been here over a year and love the job. Can't imagine having a more flexible job than this has been.

Good luck to all of you that are trying for FedEx! It's worth the effort.

any hope for an RJ ca?

I've had my app in with FedEx since Jan 01 without a call. I guess my biggest problem is that I don't know anybody at FedEx! This is so frustrating because I really want to work there but can't even get an interview. I've gone to the AirInc circus and meet John Ryder, Kim and Beverly ande they all say my app looks good; I just need that extra push. Any recomendations? All info / help is appreciated! [email protected]

Cap'NHal,

If you want to work for FedEx, then work every angle you can! I have a feeling that they would interview you because they probably feel that FedEx is a more valuable career than Sun Country. (I don't know anything about Sun Country, so I couldn't compare the two.) What they are afraid of is hiring someone that is furloughed from what they perceive as a more lucrative job and then having that pilot go back to the previous carrier.

I was just trying to let everyone know that FedEx is very cautious of hiring SOME furloughed pilots.

Latest resources

Back