• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Window open again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As if it's been any different than before?

IIRC, it USED to take the sponsor and 2-3 recs from people that have flown with you operationally, THEN a meet and greet with a CP, only to hope to get called for interview.

I would not know, Ergo, the question.

Reference the second part of my post. It's "easier" now than it was when they hired before. As well as have some alternate channels if you don't know enough people to sponsor/write recs for you.

And yes, we ALL know someone that was hired there before this hiring round that didn't have ALL the mentioned items. But those people are the exception, and not the norm.

Last edited:
Since I don't have 3 sponsors and 15 additional letters of recommendations, I won't even bother applying this round.

Save ur $ and just drink. Their process is so biased its shameful.
Whats the point. Ur better off buying 75 bucks worth of lottery tickets hoping to win and not have to work anymore.

Since I don't have 3 sponsors and 15 additional letters of recommendations, I won't even bother applying this round.

Isn't life grand? I got that part covered no problem, but don't have the PIC time.

So is it a deal breaker if you dont have a "mentor/reference" from within the company?

No, it's not a deal breaker in all situations. They have recently offered interviews to pilots who had no recs or mentors. They are looking for specific aircraft and flight experience to fill specific positions in ANC and overseas. If you have MD-11 experience and/or other qualifications they feel are what they want, you may get a call regardless of your lack of internal recs.

If you don't have any of these particular things on your resume, then I'd say it's more of a deal breaker.

Latest resources

Back