• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Window open again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the past has going to a job fair (such as OBAP or WAI) helped if you don't have any internals and getting some face time with the recruiters?

In the past has going to a job fair (such as OBAP or WAI) helped if you don't have any internals and getting some face time with the recruiters?

I went to OBAP & WAI every year for seven years straight. After a couple of years, they knew me by first name....

Nonetheless, best of luck to the rest of you!

ERfly...what's it like going to an OBAP or WAI conference if you don't "belong" to the group. I've heard people treat you weird since you're not supposed to be there...any truth to that?

ERfly...what's it like going to an OBAP or WAI conference if you don't "belong" to the group. I've heard people treat you weird since you're not supposed to be there...any truth to that?

What you heard is COMPLETELY false! I had a fantastic time at OBAP. I wasn't treated any differently than anyone else there. Everyone I talked to was friendly, supportive and essentially there for the same reasons (love of aviation). Maybe they were happy I was supporting the cause or maybe they were just fellow pilots who enjoyed sharing their passion, but I wasn't ever made to feel different because I didn't look like everyone else. There were people there of all races, colors and creeds.

In a day and age where people can claim discrimination because there aren't "equal" opportunities, it amazes me that companies can still get away with a "good ol' boys'" network method of hiring... Why not just call in the best qualified, and sort them out in probation year if you're worried about a cultural fit?

btw, is there ANY fresh gauge on interviews and what to expect posted out there?

Why not just call in the best qualified, and sort them out in probation year if you're worried about a cultural fit?

btw, is there ANY fresh gauge on interviews and what to expect posted out there?

:confused: Didn't I just say they were calling those they felt had the qualifications they were looking for regardless of their lack of recommendations?

Beyond that, it's pretty routine to sort candidates that are otherwise equally qualified by using internal recommendations. That isn't unique to Fedex or aviation.

Gouge on interviews has been thin. Fedex has made candidates sign non-disclosure statements which cover interviews and testing. With all the electronic fingerprints we leave when posting and our tendency to discuss our backgrounds, I'm sure recent interviewees are pretty paranoid about being ID'd if they spilled the beans. I'm guessing you won't see too many interview specifics in a public forum.

:confused: Didn't I just say they were calling those they felt had the qualifications they were looking for regardless of their lack of recommendations?

Beyond that, it's pretty routine to sort candidates that are otherwise equally qualified by using internal recommendations. That isn't unique to Fedex or aviation.

Gouge on interviews has been thin. Fedex has made candidates sign non-disclosure statements which cover interviews and testing. With all the electronic fingerprints we leave when posting and our tendency to discuss our backgrounds, I'm sure recent interviewees are pretty paranoid about being ID'd if they spilled the beans. I'm guessing you won't see too many interview specifics in a public forum.

Thanks, I was reading so fast, I missed that part.....as for the gauge, that makes sense, and since nobody has it, that's just the same as if everyone did I guess..

Thanks, I was reading so fast, I missed that part.....as for the gauge, that makes sense, and since nobody has it, that's just the same as if everyone did I guess..

Why don't you use the same name you're using over on APC, CE750? I'm sure you're the only one asking for interview "gauge" and claiming to fly under "part 347".

Like the guy told you over on APC, it's "GOUGE" and like Adlerdriver told you - guys aren't going to risk their dream job to post interview details when they just signed something and said they wouldn't.

Why don't you use the same name you're using over on APC, CE750? I'm sure you're the only one asking for interview "gauge" and claiming to fly under "part 347".

Like the guy told you over on APC, it's "GOUGE" and like Adlerdriver told you - guys aren't going to risk their dream job to post interview details when they just signed something and said they wouldn't.

you're not using the same name, and why does it matter what name I use? As for the 2nd point, I completely understand if that's the case... I didn't KNOW this to be the case so that's why I asked... must be nice though to be able to sit on that perch and preach down to us lowly guys looking in from the outside? Wish you the best of luck.. sorry you have to be so bitter..

When I was a moderator here, I'd have deleted your post, but that's not my job anymore.. however, here is how I might have handled my question if I were you...

"There is a confidentiality agreement on the interview process and guys will not jeopardize their jobs, so it's not going to be available... good luck"

try nice... it's better than jerk..

Latest resources

Back