• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Training Letter Out!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't quite cracked the code on this thing. Do the dates that have only a couple of names mean that new hires will go there, or does it somehow break it out another way? Thanks! :0

Notice that's there's a giant hole in 11 F/O training from late May to September. The only dates are for lateral transfers or folks on LOA (i.e. not an actual training date). Looks like the new hires will be headed to ANC this summer starting in late May. Enjoy!hoya

I wouldn't say a giant hole. I added up the following numbers -

May 47
June 25
July 44
Aug 36
Sept 50
Oct 47
Nov 33
Dec 29
Jan 49

And stated schoolhouse capacity for each month is 24 crews (ie 48 pilots). They sure are focused on training captains in the first 6-7 months as you mention and most of those are coming from the right seat. They don't have the manning to fill the right seat without training more FO's in this time period but I don't see where there is capacity remaining.

33A said:
I wouldn't say a giant hole. I added up the following numbers -

May 47
June 25
July 44
Aug 36
Sept 50
Oct 47
Nov 33
Dec 29
Jan 49

And stated schoolhouse capacity for each month is 24 crews (ie 48 pilots). They sure are focused on training captains in the first 6-7 months as you mention and most of those are coming from the right seat. They don't have the manning to fill the right seat without training more FO's in this time period but I don't see where there is capacity remaining.
Not to critique your math in public or anything, but... Try again. May dates are almost all from the old training letter. Starting with June (i.e. late May new hire class), you've got 21 slots published (all Captains), July has 20 (all Captains), August has 20 (all Captains), and September starts to bring in Transition F/O's from the 0602 bid. Are we looking at the same training letter? From my guesstimate, that's space for around 60 new hires going to the Mad Dog this summer. I haven't really scrutinized the 727 training letter, so not sure how and when those right seat new hires will come onboard.hoya

Yeah but there are still some more FO's in July through October that aren't on the new letter. Granted some of them are LCA's but there are generally some folks through August. If I were a betting man, I would be some new hires are going to come in the Mad Dog May/June to test the waters, with the rest to flow to the boeing.

My 2 cents.

11FM

I guess they'll train the 11FA guys first.

Don't think I'll get passover either.

Oh well, sit on my butt as a 10SM on reserve under the age of 60 for another 4 months while the old guys kill themselves.

Pure speculation, but it looks like there is some room for newhires in the Boeing right seat classes as well, if they fill them to the normal capacity (6). There are 4 possible openings in the May 31 class (May 22 start for indoc?), room for 5 in the Sep 13 class, 6 in the Sep 20 class, 5 in the Oct 11 and 6 in the Oct 18 class.

So there might be some other spots to go besides ANC MD-11.

Just speculation looking at the training letter.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back