• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx TA Passed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez, my point exactly. Historically significant numbers voted on this TA.

I was hired last year, Sept 12. As a member of council 7, I was not afforded the opportunity to vote. That's right at least forty of us in the Sept 5 and Sept 12, 2005 classes were nipped from the voting roster. Apparently, each council was required to submit eligible member names by a prescribed date for voting on the TA. Well, my council failed to meet that deadline and I had to sit on the sideline with my thumb up my a$$!!!!!:angryfire

Did you send in your initiation check if your a first timer? Probably so... however.............

There is a 95% percent chance you would have voted yes given the opportunity. Life goes on and you get a fat check.

Congratulations on a great turnout and what appears to be a great contract!

That TA sure blows the UPS contract out of the water. I'm not an ALPA supporter for sure but this time they hit one out of the park!

inthewind...

How exactly does it blow the ups contract out of the water? Can't be paywise and even the fedex alpa guys say it's equivalent. BTW, who do you fly for?

Aviator7576

I too was glad to see the 95% pass rate. That keeps the pilot group civil and friendly to each other. I've ran into some UPS crews lately around Asia, while we were all waiting curbside for our limos to pick us up. I started chatting with one, and you could really tell there was some serious anger and tension among the pilots there. It was a 3 man crew, and all 3 UPS guys would not even stand anywhere near each other while waiting for the limo. The FO I happened to be speaking to was angry as shiiit that the TA passed, and was loudly saying how 56% of his co workers were complete idiots, etc.

With a 95% yes vote, I'm glad to say that 95% of the guys I fly with felt the same way about the TA that I did.

Congrats...

Now what's the latest on the meet & greet / hiring situation? I remember hearing no pre-interviews to be scheduled until Nov, which is a couple of weeks away.

Latest resources

Back