• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Hello,
I am wondering, does FedEx still allow reduced fare shipping for 121 pilots. I need to ship some springs and if I have to pay by the pound its gonna be a
deal breaker.
Thanks
PBR

Last time I checked, yep. I think they do have a blackout window that comes for the holidays but I don't think it starts till like the 15th or something.

Thanks!

Its only for Fedex Express which has a 150lbs weight limit, if that matters.

I just came from a FedEx Kinko's and asked about the blackout start date. The clerk said they are NOT "blacking-out" any dates this year!

I just came from a FedEx Kinko's and asked about the blackout start date. The clerk said they are NOT "blacking-out" any dates this year!

That's cool. I have noticed thought that sometimes there is a bit of disconnect between the FedEx Kinko's and the FedEx drop offs. Like not knowing how to do an interline discount, etc. Seems like it only happened when they first started doing FedEx shipping though.

So what do you do to actually get the interline discount, just take the package to any Fedex location and show your ID?

It used to be a huge discount a few years ago, but they seem to have restructured the generosity sometime around the when the Kinkos/Lawsuit/FedExGround stuff was going down.

Right now you basically get Overnight service for the Ground price domestically. It's great if you need something to get there fast. If you've got time, USPS is usually much cheaper. If you are shipping international, it's not a bad deal.

It used to be a huge discount a few years ago, but they seem to have restructured the generosity sometime around the when the Kinkos/Lawsuit/FedExGround stuff was going down.

Right now you basically get Overnight service for the Ground price domestically. It's great if you need something to get there fast. If you've got time, USPS is usually much cheaper. If you are shipping international, it's not a bad deal.

I have shipped internationally with the discount a few times, I paid 18 bucks for something that usually would have been around 80 bucks. What a great deal! I have always went to a corporate office to do it, because I have had problems with FedEx/Kinkos. This is a great thing that FedEx offers to people that offer them the Jumpseat. Oddly, they are also a great way to get to where you need to go.

Latest resources

Back