• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Seat Bid???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Duluth for hockey fans ain't that bad. Go bar hopping via the tunnels on the weekend layovers and catch hockey games (winter) or check out the lake (summer).

I scoffed it too till I went a few times. One of the nice perks of this job is discovering for yourself places you'd never go otherwise...

No, didn't go across the border. Honestly, it just didn't feel safe. Went for a walk around the square in front of the hotel and had the feeling that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, so went back to the hotel.

Should have taken the hint when the van driver asked if we wanted to go in the back entrance or the front! WTF!

Z-

Duluth!

AlbieF15 said:
Duluth for hockey fans ain't that bad. Go bar hopping via the tunnels on the weekend layovers and catch hockey games (winter) or check out the lake (summer).

I scoffed it too till I went a few times. One of the nice perks of this job is discovering for yourself places you'd never go otherwise...

Born / raised there. Family all lives up there. There are about 3 days toward the end of July when the ice breaks up enough to swim.

I have been living in the south too long to handle the 11 months of winter. It is beautiful from inside a heated car!

Goose17

Flint, MI, is by far the worst I've seen so far.

Biggest surprise: Billings, MT

There is a deli just to the left of the hotel that serves up a panini, chips, coke, and a giant cookie all for $4.50. Sweeeet!

I've been down there 8-10 times. It's really not as bad as it looks around the hotel safety wise, but i wouldn't go across the border after dark (that's just me). The people are nice if you actually talk to them. Next time you're there, try the little hole in the wall restaurant........out the front door, cross the park and go right down the street. It's on the left (it is just a glass door in the wall) about 1.5 blocks down. Real mexican food that is super cheap.

Latest resources

Back