• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx rumorville

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys I was just trying to put a little spice into the topic with that flamebait post earlier, and hey it worked. I love the company I work for and believe me I am very grateful I have this job. The only rumor I know is do not believe anything until it is on property (equipment or new hires) b/c as in the past ideas change not daily but hourly.

The e-mail from the chief pilot seems to lend weight to the 737 issue, but his e-mails have been off before.

Another thing that I heard today about the MD-10 program: The Air Force was doing the same mod to the front end of the KC-10, minus the fuel system, and this was one reason for our slow down of the conversion. Any active tanker guys out there know the answer?

Also heard the 737 thing was a good rumor to float to see how fast the crew force got it. The company just testing the waters in this era of contract talks.

Mongo just a pawn in game of life

Last edited:
Air Force KC-10 converting to MD-10 = TOTALLY FALSE. NEVER HAPPENED AND NEVER WILL. They are modifying the cockpit to all glass, but there will ALWAYS be an engineer. Don't know who was passing that false info.

Keep the thread alive

Also heard the 737 thing was a good rumour to float to see how fast the crew force got it. The company just testing the waters in this era of contract talks.

No good rumor thread would be complete without the hint of company conspiracy. "Just because all the old guys are angry and paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get us". Has anyone else seen those little cameras in the men's room in the AOC?

Mr Zog
That is what I implied, KC-10 going glass up front with someone still turning the wrench in the back. Any Idea where this conversion is being done? Heard it could be the same outfit doing the FedEx conversion.

actually, the KC-10 to MD-10 is being looked into by boeing per USAF request. (i know the dude who is doing some info gathering for boeing on the fuel system to make up for the onload/offload/two x-tra fuel tanks issues) initially FedEx asked the USAF if they wanted to go in on the conversion with them to lower cost. USAF said no, we want to save money (yea, right) and just to an avionics mod to ensure future GATM compliance. Now that the program to do just that has been mired in Rockwell Collins failures, they are looking at other options. who knows???

h.

737 Rumor

Good News: We're getting 737's. . . . .

Bad News: They are the fully automated model that FedEx has been secretly developing and testing out in Nevada in full cahoots with the FAA and Bush Administration.

VaB:

Yes, I've seen the secret cameras. . . they're the ones peeking up thru the holes in the bottom of the urinals!!

They can convert the KC-10's, then replace them with 767's, then park the KMD-10's next to all the re-engined 135's out in the desert....

KC-10 to MD-10

Boeing initially offered the Air Force the MD-10 conversion on the KC-10 when we were first looking at FMS's several years ago. The reasoning was that doing the MD-10 conversion would save money instead of doing the FMS conversion, then the GATM conversion. It was a good idea, and we wouldn't have had to deal with theat piece of $h*t Collins FMS-800. Of course in their infinite wisdom, the AF said no, we WANT to pay more! :mad: Your tax dollars at work.

Actually the FE union probably had a lot to do with it, since they had a vested interest in NOT doing it. They tried to put an Engineer on our C-40B (737-700) before it was squashed at the last minute.

Lightning

Before we start talking about more airplanes, more pilots. etc. etc. I would just like to see another bid come out.

We know that there is going to be a DC-10 S/O excess bid (too many 60+ and DC->MD) soon but will that be seperate from another seat bid?? I have only been on property for less than 3 yrs so I would like to know if FDX has had to do an excess bid anytime before? How did it work when FDX bought Tigers and got rid of the 74's?

I know the Kinko's deal did not have an immediate impact on business but I think over the next 3-4 yrs it will be a huge bonus along with the postal contract.

Just my .02 cents, thanks for any info...;)

Latest resources

Back