FedEx rumorville

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More rumors

I flew with a flex Capt yesterday who mentioned that we would start hiring in the spring. He said something about 100 or so new hires. Just more fuel for the fire.

FJ

Re: More rumors

Falconjet said:
I flew with a flex Capt yesterday who mentioned that we would start hiring in the spring. He said something about 100 or so new hires. Just more fuel for the fire.

FJ

Is that 100 hires for all 2004, or just for the spring timeframe? Hoping these rumors come true.

Lightning

?

Well, I don't know of course, but it seems that the 100 number would be for the year. With the excess bid and the continuing (albeit slow) retirement of the 72s (and their possible replacement with a 2 seater) the growth potential seems kind of low right now. Unfortunately, that 100 will include the 60 or so in the pool plus maybe 10-12 internals that are waiting patiently to come on line. I was told that they can't go to the line until the company resumes hiring. Don't know if that is true, but it sounded plausible. So that might leave only about 30 slots for the rest of the year. I don't think anybody knows how many of those in the pool are actually still there waiting to start. 60 was the number bantered about last fall.

With the way folks are getting used on reserve in the Boeing right now, I can't imagine that 100 would be enough, but obviously I have a very narrow viewpoint and no idea of the big picture. I'm still hoping that hiring will start up and then perhaps continue at some pace throughout the year.

In any case, I would keep the app up to date as soon as the window opens because things change rapidly and the door could open wide, who knows.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back