Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
If you didn't get a chance to make it to one of the roadshows this week I strongly encourage everyone to makes it one at a later date.

A lot of good info presented and a lot of good intel behind how the process unfolded. We might not have gotten the Holy Grail but we did get A LOT of improvements, estimated at 850M-1B, without having to give up much if anything at all.

Much improved work rules (for everybody), better Scope (for the younger guys), good Retirement Plan (for the people leaving soon), Health Care company change for more choices and minimum increase. All our cornerstone issues, I feel, were addressed.

With such a diverse crewforce it is close to impossible to make eveyone happy but for the masses I think it works. I was a nay say'er going into the meeting and left pleased with the TA in the end. Would I have liked more of a signing bonus? 3.75 rig at DOS instead of in '08? Higher B fund contributions? Sure I would have. BUT I voted for better quality of life over money and I think we got it. Also, we will be the highest paid TOO!

GO TO A ROADSHOW, ASK QUESTIONS...GET ACCURATE INFO AND VOTE!

Last edited:
sstearns2 said:
Any changes for newhires in the new TA?

Thanks,

Scott

Yes there is. It is located in a very hard to find section of the contract and most crewmembers won't be able to locate it even if they specifically look for it but, there is a new paragraph added that states:

"All new hires, regardless of initial seat position, will carry the Captain's bags from the crewbus to the aircraft and place them in the storage area. Upon completion of the terminating flight the new hire will remove the Captain's bags from the aircraft and take them to the crewbus or to the mode of transportation. For purposes of clarification the term 'New Hire' will refer to any crewmember hired after January 1st 2001".

Like I said, it's hidden really well in the new contract and most guys won't be able to find it but trust me, it's there!;)

Much improved work rules (for everybody)

I have not attended a road show, and do not know if I will have time to.

I'm very curious about these "improved work rules" for everybody. Do you have time to summarize some of them? I have not found a place where these work rule changes are summarized.

Thanks guys.

propjob27 said:
I have not attended a road show, and do not know if I will have time to.

I'm very curious about these "improved work rules" for everybody. Do you have time to summarize some of them? I have not found a place where these work rule changes are summarized.

Thanks guys.

In short...Better rest provisions for one and the company can't revise your pairing multiple times after block out without bigger penalties AND, this ones big, defined limits to trip extensions periods (which weren't there at all before for int'l trips)...i think it is something like 48 hrs TAFB Dom, 96 hrs Intl. Also, for reservist, requirements to have you back at base w/i 2 hrs, instead of 4, from scheduled ending time.

These are just some, not all, theres more. Lots of good stuff, definately take a look at it.

Thanks purple.

I am interested in finding the "better rest" provision section. Am I correct that the max scheduled and max operational duty-day limit for the various domestic type of trips and the international section are are still the same?​

As painful as it may be, everyonee needs to actually pick up their copy of this TA and read the parts that are important to you.

You won't get a "Cliff Notes" version of the 375 page document....the negotiators did the heavy lifting of bargaining and co-writing the document...the least we can do now is read what they came up with.

Being a good union member involves more than staying home on your days off...read the contract, at least the stuff that's important to you...then hit a roadshow.

Public message boards are a lousy place to get your information!

Read the TA, please.

sstearns2 said:
Any changes for newhires in the new TA?

Thanks,

Scott

Yes: The section on catering states that the coffee will be delivered to the jet at all locations. That should mean no more hauling around the jugoshame!

FJ

Latest resources

Back