• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Posting 04-03 Final Results...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12th from the bottom? You senior guys make me sick. ;) I'm not even going to have to bother with bidding for the next six months. NOT that I'm complaining.

Z

AlbieF15 said:
Or do I chunk the extra stress and just fly the line as a brainless "window heat, pitot heat" FO?
Pitot heat...??? Is that on my list of one thing I do? I know I get the window heat but the pitot heat also!? Man this job just keeps getting harder and harder. What next... pouring my own **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** coffee!;)

Congrats Albie on the window seat and the decisions. I say go with the good life and have someone else pour the coffee for a change!

Albie,

If you live in MEM, the flex job can be a great opportunity (home every night, lots of opportunities for extra pay if we are training alot, passover pay). If you don't live in MEM, the LCA is the better choice. As far as DC-10 F/O vs B-727 S/O? Reserve in Memphis vs seniority in the back seat. Flying vs non-flying. Pay is the same once the junior person to you is activated. If you are still flying the F-15 and want to be at home more, I say go with the LCA job if you get it. The only reason to go to the -10 is if you are going absolutely stir crazy as a 727 S/O. A junior person in the -10 flies similar sorties (especially off reserve) as the -727. My two cents.

Zog,

All good inputs...but my slot is 727 FO, not 10 SO. So...its LCA, Flex, or fly the Boeing at about 88% seniority (likley B reserve will be my first choice). Huck, on the other hand, is trading his Jurassic widebody SO seat for a more comfortable, albeit slightly more junior DC 10 slot.

I like the idea of LCA, but I don't want to be hub turning at night (try to stay on one clock to fly F-15s at home)....so day O&Bs or day lines are my best option. Flex appeals to me because there are some great guys there and the chance to hang out in Memphis when not in the sim working out, partying with bros, or fishing/exploring in N. Mississippi, and on the months when I'm NOT simming doing the weekend layover lines (Reno, Tuscon, etc) instead of the hub turn lines. I think being an LCA will keep me from being able to do some of those. Flex and B Reserve require a crashpad, but LCA probably won't. On the other hand (see previous posts--Memphis in May, BBQ hunts, etc) Memphis is a fun place to spend some free time when NOT flying. Jethro's point of just go fly and enjoy the job has some merit, too. My best friend from UPT is upgrading on the same bid, and he has encouraged me to do the same thing. Another Eagle bro is pushing hard for Flex, so I'll have some great people around in any case.

Also...don't want to be pretentious. There are a LOT of talented guys at Fedex, and I know of bunch of them will be applying for these positions.

All good options...just glad there is some movement!

Last edited:
Congrats Albie!

Cograts Albie.... good to hear there is movement for you. Been a long wait!

Congrats again...

Kav

Latest resources

Back