Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
... are not posted yet. Anybody else anxious to hear?

Will the International Postal contract (you know, the fictitious one that was just awarded to FedEx Express) delay the posting?

How do you suppose they broke the news to JL? :)

Bid

Tony: I don't think the bid closes until 1400 L Memphis time. Should be out in a couple of hours.

FJ

It closed at 14Z. I think it just takes awhile to get it approved, I don't think all the seat holds are programmed into automation.

1400z

Yes, I goofed it up, you guys are right, it was supposed to close at 1400Z. Wonder how long it will take to come out.

FJ

Got the back of the -10! Probably the last class they will ever run.

Just a higher grade of pi$$boy, but at least the sore on my right ankle will heal (I get it from pushing the pedal to get the seat to slide....)

Juniority

Can't believe how junior the maddog went in Melvis! It would still take a whole bunch more junior guys for me to even consider leaving the right seat of the 10....specially with all those CDG rumours.

Right seat at last!

Time to enjoy some of the S/O's coffee and put my seat as far back as possible. I am 12th from the bottom to be trained. If anyone wants to keep their summer vacation and trade classes with me (when they are assigned), pm me.

Huck,

From all I here, the whizz bucket is MUCH nicer on the 10. You will be glad you went. It will be a good systems refresher before you move to the MD11 at ANC. My classmates who are on that seat did not bid to the FO spot on the Boeing, so that tells me they are pretty happy.

Now for you Purple types...got an LCA and Flex app in. Do I go LCA and not have the ability to drop/add trips when I want, or go Flex and fly the sim 7 months a year. Or do I chunk the extra stress and just fly the line as a brainless "window heat, pitot heat" FO? I know there is a lot of talent competing for those jobs, but what if I was fortunate enough to have the option? Like our "SWA verses FedEX verses JetBlue" kind of stuff, does anyone have any experience and/or recommendations on the pros/cons of the various training/standards jobs that are out there?

Latest resources

Back