Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx postal contract ends in 2008--Will they get it again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skykid said:
If you don't think the USPS is monitoring this thread, you are wrong. Be careful what you post...

???? Am I supposed to be afraid that the USPS Nazi's are going to come in the middle of the night and take me away????

SkyKid (Uncle Rico)-
I smell what you're steppin' in too...

Can you still throw a pigskin a quarter mile?

Don't forget that FedEx just started the international postal contract last summer. Read between the lines.

seefive said:
Don't forget that FedEx just started the international postal contract last summer. Read between the lines.

What international postal contract??

the seven year contract is domestic mail. US international mail is a different contract which fedex took over last summer from DHL.

c'mon fly...............stirring the pot about something you have little knowledge of other than reading a 4 year old press release isn't the best way to "probe". To answer your question, FedEx's 98+% reliability rate provided to the post office is well ahead of their 95% goal. USPS has actually shown a profit since this contract took effect. FedEx isn't going to lose this contract.

Last edited:
seefive said:
FedEx's 98+% reliability rate provided to the post office is well ahead of their 95% goal. USPS has actually shown a profit since this contract took effect. FedEx isn't going to lose this contract.

Since what you say makes perfect sense, look for the Gubermint to do the exact opposite.

Don't forget the Mitch Mcconnell is the senior senator from Kentucky and I think the #2 Senator or some such position.

But Bill Frist is the Senate majority leader, so we have that going for us.

skykid said:
If you don't think the USPS is monitoring this thread, you are wrong. Be careful what you post and TAZ please exit.
So THAT is where my mail has been going. . .

seefive said:
FedEx isn't going to lose this contract.

Take this for what you will, but I was there and personally heard it with my own ears. Late last year I was in a company workshop and one of the speakers was the president of UPS Airlines. A question was raised asking if UPS would go after the postal contract when it expires. He answered by saying that UPS was VERY interested in bidding on the contract. So much so, he said that UPS' bid would be so "competetive" that if UPS did not get the contract, whoever would get it would not make a dime. He said that UPS now realizes how much revenue the contract brings in and they definately want it.

FreightNazi said:
Take this for what you will, but I was there and personally heard it with my own ears. Late last year I was in a company workshop and one of the speakers was the president of UPS Airlines. A question was raised asking if UPS would go after the postal contract when it expires. He answered by saying that UPS was VERY interested in bidding on the contract. So much so, he said that UPS' bid would be so "competetive" that if UPS did not get the contract, whoever would get it would not make a dime. He said that UPS now realizes how much revenue the contract brings in and they definately want it.

I gotta ask.. if UPS was so interested in the contract why didn't they go after it in the first place? One thing to talk about it at a "workshop", whole different animal to actually execute it.

Latest resources

Back