• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX Poolies???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Completed interview process in August and still awaiting a class offer. There's a class of 15 or so on the 12th of Dec. Back to checking my in box...!

Wow I thought they were having classes throughout the summer. How long do you guys have to wait for class? How big do they normally keep their pool?

Not to sure how deep the pool is. I was conditionally offered in August and I beleive that the 3 others hired with me were pretty close to being the last interviewees for the year. As a poolie, you have the option to pass on a foreign domicile with the penalty of not getting a seniority number. I have not been offered anything as of right now.

It sounds like the retirement papers are being submitted at an "above mandatory" rate which will hopefully spur more classes after peak. Again, that is just from what I've heard, maybe a current FedEx'er could verify.

Do they go down a list in the order of when you were interviewed and given the conditional offer or can a person who interviewed after you did be call and offer a class before you.

It's not nesccesarily a first in, first out pool. It seems that they like pilots that have oceanic time, time in heavies or a type in the MD-11 to got to ANC right away. This could allow them to pull from the pool out of "seniority order".

So that means that an individual could be left in the pool for months/years while new interviewies could get a class and seniority number.

Just spoke to one my sponsors who has firsthand, new hire info.......she said I should be in class in Jan with more options available......Jan will be 6mos for me in the pool.......

So that means that an individual could be left in the pool for months/years while new interviewies could get a class and seniority number.

I suppose it could happen. I think that FedEx has more integrity than to let an interviewee be in "pool purgatory" tho.

Latest resources

Back