FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSD,

The info came from my sponser; I'd prefer to leave it with that. I don't want to start naming names, especially on a public board and when I personally haven't heard anything directly. As far as if they are going to run concurrent classes, your guess would be as good as mine.

I'm sorry... I didn't mean to imply that I wanted specific names, I was just wondering if it was a credible source, crew bus talk or the rumor mill.

I certainly wouldn't want you to over step bounds, and I hope that I didn't over step mine...

Thanks for the info,

TSD

Most of us here already have learned to stop trying to figure out the reason FedEx does anything. Be happy your in the pool!

Also, just from past experience, don't be suprised if FedEx stops hiring for awhile. They will try to use the hiring stoppage at the negotiating table. :)

FWIW,
Past....

In the pool and VERY HAPPY to be swimming

I was just speculating, that's all. I'm in no rush. That would suck though if hiring did stop to use as bargaining chip Talk about timing for us poolies...

Just wanted to put the feelers out about filling those ANC slots...it seems that that is the priority now, fill ANC! And it's probably because it will save the company money in some way, shape or form (move package?).

With 200 in pool, 60+ slots to fill in ANC, looks like they'll get the summer to fill those slots and then get the rest of us into training. Me personally, I'd rather sit the panel, never done that before, like to add it to my experience. There will be more than enough opportunity to upgrade in the next 30+years! AMEN!

So, it looks like they've filled 22MAY and are filling 5JUN, I want the see what class is next.

Fly safe everybody!

Though I have not been called, 2 guys from my group (2nd week of Feb) got the call to update drug test and medical today.

Anyone know if everyone from January has been called already to do the same?

Malter1 said:
Though I have not been called, 2 guys from my group (2nd week of Feb) got the call to update drug test and medical today.

What's their background?

...sweating in PHX

Cheers

Cujo55 said:
What's their background?

...sweating in PHX

Cheers
Everyone in my group (except me) has airline/heavy experience. I understand that the call for updates were not necessarily based on prior experience, i.e. for MD-11 classes.

Is anyone still waiting for an interview call who did their M&G back in '05? If so, what month and what have you heard lately? My sponsor was told about two months ago that I should here something with in a month. I know, I know, be patient.......Maybe if I could just kick the "FlightInfo.com crack" habit I'd feel alot better.

sorry....just venting.

Tanner

Malter1 said:

Anyone know if everyone from January has been called already to do the same?

It is my understanding that the calls to update the drug test were done in chronological order. I think they were good for 120 days. My guess is that just about everyone from from Jan would have been called by now. I could be wrong. Who knows.

For what it's worth...

Overheard in the training building on Tues:

1. Several (2-6,maybe more) classes of 8-10 for ANC/Subic @ 2 week intervals thru July. No info on how they're 'choosing'.

2. 727 F/O larger classes (12-24, maybe more) starting in July-ish, probably weekly.

3. 727 F/O and S/O classes (again large class size) starting August and continuing until Oct-ish.

Latest resources

Back